Recent content by MASKINEN

1. MASKINEN

AudioControl Maestro X9

Audiocontrol processors and receivers are based on Harman design aka Arcam. Same display, same remotes, same button layout, basically the same back etc.
  2. MASKINEN

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Ok thanks what kind of preamp are you using?
  3. MASKINEN

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Is there any loud pop/ thumps on startup with the Audiophonics purifi based amplifiers?
  4. MASKINEN

Troubleshoot advice, noise Lyngdorf and icepower.

I’m not talking about IcePower in specific but I’ve seen products using XLR cables between with the XLR “chassis ground” connected on the contact which have indeed caused louder hiss/ noise.
  5. MASKINEN

It’s usually not an issue but you can try XLR cables that are not using chassis ground to see if that solves the issue.
  6. MASKINEN

It’s difficult to see if it’s connected to chassis since the solder tab is underneath the other ones.
  7. MASKINEN

Interesting. You could try another XLR cable and see if that would solve the issue. I don’t remember if the Supra XLR is connected to chassis ground but you can open it up and check. You could also try something like the iFi Audio GND Defender on the pre amp to see if that removes or lowers...
  8. MASKINEN

Ser inga direkta fel på slutsteget men om du svarar på det jag frågade innan kan det förmodligen ge dig svar på äfelet”. Kan lika gärna vara så att du har känsliga högtalare och använder slutsteg med hög gain, det ger dig hiss i högtalarna som inte är onormalt.
  9. MASKINEN

Hiss in the midrange? Like white noise? That’s not normal, is it hiss or like a hum noise in the midrange? XLR adapters should not change the gain. Maybe you have a ground loop. What’s the sensitivity of the speakers?
  10. MASKINEN

Noise level in form of hiss in the tweeters? The IcePower module does have almost 30dB of gain which’s is pretty high but not unusual.
  11. MASKINEN

Adding Neurochrome's GUARDIAN-86 to Purifi Build

Ok great, I’ll let you know if I decide to grab 3 modules and implement them. Thanks Tom!
  12. MASKINEN

I agree with you and I’m asking myself the same thing. I’ve asked Apollo and at least they say that the amps doesn’t have pops on startup. But all manufacturers I’ve asked say the same thing.
  13. MASKINEN

No worries! Would be nice to see the result though. I think it’s a bit odd that some people have pops on startup with Purifi modules but seems like most doesn’t have that at all.
  14. MASKINEN

Do you have any pictures of the installation?
Top Bottom