Recent content by markb

1. M

Python module to manage Genelec SAM

Yes, they just write their own desired value on startup, overwriting and disregarding the old volume that was set on the monitors before.
  2. M

Sorry, some serious life events got in the way in the past few months, which meant I haven't had much time to work on genlc. Hopefully that will improve soon. Yes - a while ago I noticed that this happens if we don't do a "discover" before setting the volume. I just pushed a commit that now...
  3. M

Indeed. But use at your own risk; I can’t give any guarantees, certainly not about others’ warranties. :)
  4. M

Nice to hear it's useful to other people. :) Yes, I noticed it as well with my 8330s! I don't believe that happens with GLM, and I haven't noticed it with my 7350 subwoofer (which I used the most for testing, as I could steal it without affecting my normal audio setup too much.) I will need to...
  5. M

Yes, although that could have simply meant the monitors accepting a wider (positive) range of values, and not much else. I'm also not sure whether genlc should really go there, I think it's mainly useful for day to day operation in an integrated/automated way, like a monitor controller. For...
  6. M

Too bad. I can kind of understand the limited range, but no idea why they'd want to limit to 5Hz increments. Interesting, I haven't seen any response code 16 at all so far, just the rare timeout. I wonder why. So I'm not 100% sure what these values actually mean, I just -think- 0x7E means...
  7. M

Nice work figuring that one out. :) Do you want to submit a PR or shall I incorporate that code? Yes, kind of what I started it for. Keep in mind that if you're writing e.g. a Python script, you may not want the CLI command but use the module as library directly. The cli command is there...
  8. M

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

I suspect that is the very same engineering team, just working to a “different” set of requirements to differentiate this brand, driven by marketing.
  9. M

They should, but I've only tested on Linux and MacOS myself. :) That's the one, yes.
  10. M

This is now implemented in the code on Github. I've added a new command "bass-manage" with option --xo-freq, which takes arbitrary frequency values in Hz: $ genlc bass-manage --xo-freq 90 I was only able to briefly test this on my Genelec SAM speakers. It seemed to work (i.e. had a clear...
  11. M

State of the art Home Theatre - how?

This is essentially what I am trying to do as well with my Genelec SAM monitors. They can take care of D/A conversion, bass management, crossover, room correction and volume control, except that the interface to control that (GLM and their USB adapter) is a bit too inflexible. I am writing...
  12. M

Decent IEMs good for sleeping with

The Q-Jays arrived already, and disappeared into my ears, separated only by my wide grin from ear to ear. :p For my proper subjective verdict, I’ll have to sleep on it.
  13. M

Yes, there's a command (Genelec calls it CID_MANAGE_XO I think) that GLM sends while configuring a monitor/subwoofer with a (default) parameter value of 85, which seems to be what we need. No idea what values the monitors would accept - I can play with that some.
  14. M

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

I think that’s pretty unlikely; in my reverse engineering of the GLM communication protocol I’ve found that GLM actually reads very little status information from the monitors, and instead just declares all the parameters that it wants to see (from its setup files), overwriting whatever was...
  15. M

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Details posted in a new thread. TL;DR: I am working on a Python module that allows control of Genelec SAM monitors, including volume control, mute, etc, and can be integrated with other software or hardware. You still need the GLM USB adapter atm, but not GLM the application.
Top Bottom