Recent content by MarcT

1. MarcT

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

I'm interested in those CSS speakers. Seems like it could be a nice basic design with good performance and value. What are those Vivid Audio-looking speakers?
  2. MarcT

Somebody, please get a listen to the Dali Kore and Epikore and give your thoughts, if you can. Thanks.
  3. MarcT

I actually have two DVRs but I don't really like watching sports events after they're over and I usually already know what the result was. I think you'll love AXPONA, it's just a pretty incredible display of audio technology. If I were within a few hundred miles, I would definitely go back...
  4. MarcT

Oh, we don't have those in east Texas!
  5. MarcT

For me, the big plus for attending AXPONA is that, unlike the recent inaugural Southwest Audio Fest, more of the main stream mid-fi speakers that can be afforded by mere mortals will be demonstrated. SWAF had some great sounding rooms, but most of the speakers carried rather lofty prices...
  6. MarcT

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Hmm, my 4700 will get very hot if I elect not to use ECO mode, which is why I put a set of those Infinty AC fans on top of it.
  7. MarcT

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Oh boy, popcorn ready!:D
  8. MarcT

About the choice of Revel F226Be, Kef R7 Meta and Perlisten R5t

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "analytical power and timbre". And if you are looking for vocals that are "pleasing to the ear", perhaps Sonus Faber would be more up your alley than some of these more accurate speakers.
  9. MarcT

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

Yes, that Audio Thesis room with the Rosso Fiorentino speakers sounded great and I ended up staying there and listening longer than I thought I would. I listened in the Bella Sound room twice and those panels sounded great and produced a fantastic sound stage. They were playing them really loud...
  10. MarcT

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

I had a set of Legacy Audio Signature II's for about 20 years and, yes, I finally decided I wanted a newer speaker design and got a great price on the SF Lumina V's. I had heard them at a dealer and picked them up. But I've now moved my set of Dynaudio Excite X-44's into the family room and...
  11. MarcT

There will be SO much more gear at AXPONA in April if you can make it. At your price range, I would definitely want to hear the new Dali Epikore.
  12. MarcT

Thanks, I've heard lots of Revels over the years. I'm really glad that Nebraska Furniture Mart actually has Revel and other speakers that you can listen to in the store.
  13. MarcT

I enjoyed this show, but I will say that it was mostly devoid of more affordable, mid priced gear. Most of the systems would total up to $100k or more. Unlike AXPONA and Rocky Mountain Audio Fest when I attended, I didn't see any gear from Revel, Paradigm, Dali, Martin Logan, Anthem, Focal...
  14. MarcT

The Borreson towers produced a very natural sound with a nice sound stage.
Top Bottom