Recent content by manu3l

1. M

Discrepancy speaker Specs vs Measurements

Hi audio folks, ended up getting the Sterling Audio MX8 8" studio monitors by Guitar Center. Been great so far. Spending some time EQ-ing and testing them to figure out what I like for movies, music, sports or whatever. And my own answers: 1. Can we hear 20-30hz out of any of the 8" candidates...
  2. M

Hello again, wanted to share my latest thoughts. I've decided to go the modern active route. Mostly because of availability (and part availability), added possible maintenance cost, size of vintage gear and extra amp needed. Got some more information out of this thread too: These few caught...
  3. M

So the big Sony's aren't a bad idea after all! When I'm at my desk I'm pretty close! We project the movies on the wall above 8' which gives me a screen size of... 250" diagonal :) ! Anyway, the Z313 isn't that bad but in a similar room (12*24) but with lower ceiling 9-10' it sounded pretty...
  4. M

Right. The Jamo is perfect example of that. The bass is boosted yet it falls off rapidly at 70 and it won't go much lower than that no matter how much we lower the mid and highs. It's more relevant to speakers that have a softer drop off going down the lows. Yes similarly to the neumi. But...
  5. M

Oh yeah we lived in an apartment and it got us by. Now in a house, its different. Still we have windows opened at night. (I'm a windsurfing athlete living in the Dominican Republic - http://windsurfing.lepicture.com/). So we're looking for more details and solid bass at low to mid volume...
  6. M

I am looking at jbl, Kali and edifier sm's yes. Do their bass drop off suddenly or are they still usable in a ht environment? I'm currently using a Logitech Z313, and equalized it seems to do well until 40hz. It's just that it doesn't fill my big room and has a tinny sound throughout. EDIT: In...
  7. M

I completely agree and came to terms with that fact. I don't mind going vintage. My problem is that I cannot find subs for cheap and leaving abroad I need to pay shipping "twice" so I'm doubling budget! How about this small 12" bookshelf?
  8. M

It sure seems like. Now I'm trying to find the info for the S20 and ES20... strong research but pretty fun learning about speakers :) Wait, a couple of more posts, please ;)
  9. M

Thanks! I've a hard time on these mobile websites when viewing from desktop, so much blank space. Curious that they have the info the overall series doc but not the model specific one.
  10. M

But where did you get this classified info? I looked around on Polk's site and 3rd-party's no luck.
  11. M

Ok I read about driver speed, that's what they were alluding to then, Doh!!!! Makes way more sense. The RTI A3 has 40Hz response but 50Hz at +/-3dB which is better than the XT20.
  12. M

Ok thank you. If the graph shows levels within 3dB then the bigger driver still has the advantage over a small one and will fill the room better or no? That is the +/-3dB rating. The way I understand is that the +/-3dB range is calculated off of the mean level between 300 and 3000hz. Ok...
  13. M

Hi wonderful audiophile people, so nice to have such valuable info and feedback on this forum. Been researching speakers that go deep in low frequencies and found discrepancies across both tests and specs. Notably about mean on-axis levels as well as frequency response range. 1. How can a...
Top Bottom