Recent content by Snoopy

1. S

New phono cart needed

Audio Trchnica VM95ML .. ML stylus with cartridge for under 200 bucks
  2. S

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

Well don’t buy stuff like this from china. Amazon or audiophonics.fr if you are in Europe:)
  3. S

Parks Audio Puffin Review (Phono Stage)

Guys don’t fight about a GUI :) if it’s open to 3rd party developers I’m sure there will be soon enough a alternative. :) if not, isn’t this a set it up once and forget app? I’m currently thinking about all the option this phono stage actually provides with the multiple outputs. Would there be...
  4. S

does the waxwing app work on iPhone, iPad ? if yes it should also work on a M1 MacBook :) that would be great. I just saw the waxwing is 499 USD and it's possible to pay shipping and import fees at amazon US during the checkout process. that would be another 140 USD. but still seems like a...
  5. S

thanks. using a SUT with the waxwing would also be option correct? so far I purchased around 8 modern LP issues and I returned 4. im torn between getting a waxwing to fix at least the most annoying issues or just stick with vintage LPs and audiophile jazz issues , because they have been mostly...
  6. S

How is the waxwing with MM and MC cartridges? Are there limitations? How is the „magic“ filter working that removes crackles and pops? I feel like there is no way around a device like this with the quality of new vinyl these days. I have plenty of vintage LPs that sound absolutely amazing but...
  7. S

The Courteous Vinyl Playback Discussion

Im currently using the AT VM95ML, couldn't me more happy after upgrading from the Ortofon Red :) I think these AT carts are an amazing bang for your buck. might even upgrade to a VM740ML / 750SH :) if they are really good for 800-1000 hours its not even that crazy expensive :) also just using...
  8. S

Insane: Denon DP-3000NE

It’s made by a OEM in Taiwan or China. Can’t remember but definitely not made in Japan. Yamaha stuff is made in Malaysia (at least my SL1500C is) . But I wouldn’t worry about that as long as it’s made to the specs of the denon Or Yamaha . If you want made in Japan you will probably pay...
  9. S

Meze Liric Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I’ve recently been using my Liric (gen1) with my turntable setup (SL1500C , VM95ML , Singxer SA1) and „thin“ is the last thing I would describe the Liric with. For my digital setup I use convolution filters . Kinda curious about the Gen 2 :)
  10. S

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Just replaced the cartridge on my turntable (ortofon red) to a AT VM95ML. The whole process of setting everything up correctly was fun as well. A bit like putting a computer together. I don’t get why this hobby should be only about what it superior. Obviously it’s more involved.
  11. S

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Will upgrade the stylus In the next 2 weeks to a AT VM95ML :)
  12. S

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

One of my new LPs is also colored and indeed it sounds very good :)
  13. S

What is the point of CD rips?

Depends.. like everything… I purchased lots of Japanese CDs (old and new reissues) that are only available on physical media .. but those CDs (60/70s jazz mostly) are recorded and mastered so well, I possibly can’t imagine that someone would ever need more than that. But I also purchase all...
  14. S

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

At a higher price yeah :)
  15. S

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Still interesting if the price is good :) hdmi eARC and usb support for game consoles.
Top Bottom