Recent content by mangoes4hands

1. M

NAD C268 Power Amplifier Review

Ah, thanks for this. I assumed high meant higher sensitivity, but based on that it appears that high means higher threshold for standby. Will switch to low and see what happens.
  2. M

NAD C268 Power Amplifier Review

Picked up a NAD C268 to use with a miniDSP SHD, and it's had a strange problem of kicking into standby mode when in use. I had a concert on in the background with the SHD set to -38.5 db (so not loud but clearly audible) and the C268 has the sense level set to high. In the middle of a song it...
  3. M

Placing Bookshelf Speaker on Subwoofer

Just by way of context, I'd plan to use a minidsp SHD to integrate the subs with the stereo system.
  4. M

Placing Bookshelf Speaker on Subwoofer

Random question - I am considering adding a couple subwoofers to my stereo setup in a tight room. I'm seriously considering sitting the bookshelves (a pair of R3s) on top of the subs to maximize space, as there's not much space to put the subs elsewhere in the room Any major drawbacks that I...
  5. M

Suggestions for speakers in corner setup

Curious how this would work in a corner setup. Is the dispersion wide enough to accommodate speakers that are mounted in a corner on perpendicular walls? I also am a bit confused about how to integrate this with a TV setup.
  6. M

Speakers over the TV wall mounted is a possibility I suppose. Was hoping not to go soundbar but yeah that's an obvious solution. The speakers could probably be around 6 feet apart so I was hoping to get some stereo effect, but obviously far from the ideal equilateral triangle.
  7. M

Have a non-ideal setup with non-negotiable placement that I'd love some help on. We are converting a bedroom into a playroom / TV room, and the TV (a 65" screen) is getting placed in a corner of the room. There's not space on either side of the TV for speakers, but given the size of the room...
  8. M

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

I'm in the market for bookshelf speakers to use for a 2.2 setup in a fairly wide TV room (so prioritizing horizontal dispersion), and I'm very interested in the Sierra 2EXs. Given the seeming popularity of these speakers (they are mentioned in a lot of threads on here), I'm very surprised that...
  9. M

The Great Unknown - Ceiling Speakers

Holy smoke, 170 page thread! Will definitely take me a bit to get through that, thanks for the heads up! To clarify, my primary use case will be a 2.0 setup, so not as focused on Atmos function. Not sure whether that is a relevant distinction.
  10. M

The Great Unknown - Ceiling Speakers

First post on here and I'm very grateful to have found this community, as it has been immensely educational (I have a new desktop setup of miniDSP HD and 8030Cs on the way because of it!). I have a home under construction and have been in the process of outfitting audio in the home, and I'll...
Top Bottom