Recent content by Manbeard

1. M

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Stop asking Amir questions that can easily be answered by reading the relevant threads in this section. Maybe his time would be better used testing speakers rather than answering the same mundane questions over and over.
  2. M

So this thing costs 43k....

This thing has just about everything on the esoteric checklist. What more could an audiophile ask for!
  3. M

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

Just to be clear, the jitter spikes are more than -120dB down. I think it's safe to say the SHD meets the requirements to be called 'transparent'.
  4. M

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Oh I know but I think it would be the first time Amir tested a PCM1704 based DAC. Still interesting nonetheless. ;)
  5. M

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Would love to see this tested by Amir.
  6. M

Going, Going, Gone?

https://s22.q4cdn.com/540910603/files/doc_financials/quarterly/2019/Shareholder-Letter-Q2-2019.pdf Last quarter results....not exactly stellar but doesn't look like a company 'one fail away' from going belly up.
  7. M

$15,000 Headphone Amp

Specs: Headphones impedance: 8-600 Ohms Frequency response: 10Hz- 70kHz, -2dB Preamp maximum output: 10V + 10V balanced Preamp output impedance: 50 ohms Power output: up to 10 watts per channel Signal/Noise: > 95 dB THD: < 0.05%, 1kHz Voltage: AC 120/240V, 50/60 Hz Power consumption: 150 watts...
  8. M

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB2 192 DAC

Then maybe you should stop posting nonsense, have an open mind and read some of the excellent information that's on this site.
  9. M

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I can only speak for myself but I don't come here for listening impressions and frankly could care less.
  10. M

How much difference in sound quality will you hear between qutest and tone board ?

If it sounds good to you then shut the hell up and enjoy the music. Its pretty obvious you're either too ignorant to absorb all the excellent information that's been handed to you or you're just trolling us. Either way, spare us this circular discussion. This is like the 2nd or 3rd thread you've...
  11. M

Not much at all. Heatsinks aren't noticeably warm after a few hours of use. Don't think there would be an issue using it in a somewhat confined space.
  12. M

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd DAC19 DAC

Not surprising considering how their other offerings performed. Thanks Amir. I'm curious how other, proper implementations of the PCM1704 would measure.
  13. M

General debate thread about audio measurements

Seriously. I'm sick of reading things like this on Audio *Science* Review.
  14. M

Subjective impressions...... but I'm using one AHB2 to drive a pair of Silver 300's and the match is great IMO... my ears are extremely happy. I didn't notice any issues with the sound being 'thin' or anything like that. Not the same exact speaker so that could have something to do with it.
  15. M

Been waiting for this one. Definitely doesn't disappoint. Thanks Amir and Benchmark for sending you the amps to be tested!
Top Bottom