Recent content by mamba76

1. M

Why is this phase changing ?

I must say Im really getting results now, after 7 years I feel Im really starting to master this software. Enough respect to John!
  2. M

That is a super useful tool, never realised REW had it! Cheers
  3. M

Ah I see, thank you. It could only be something between the mic and the software but still nice to know. Is there a better way / process to match the phase of the sub to the rest of the system ? Im only concerned with 40 - 70 Hz region. The problem you explained was not a evident when doing the...
  4. M

Hi all. I been trying to align the phase of my car's sub to the rest of the system which is timed up and Im happy with. Iv attached my REW measurements. What I find strange is that I am measuring just the sub and playing about with the crossovers etc. If I take one measurement, change nothing...
  5. M

How to measure phase properly at home using REW?

Hi. Please show me how you get REW to overlay the phase and frequency response? The first picture is shown phase unwrapped then you changed right IR window to 3ms - is that phase or FR we are looking at. Im messing about with more interest the phase info REW offers and cannot get the data...
  6. M

240v 50hz mains noise filtering device recommendations please ?

You dont know how many hours I spend using REW! And because I now have 2 of minidsp 2x4HD's you really need two computers because the plugins are rubbish, you cant have 2 connected at the same time.
  7. M

Ill report back once I receive the isolators
  8. M

I did mention this is a car install ?
  9. M

The only connection the entire system has to the mains is when I plug the laptop charger in (battery needs replacing) Thats what I want to do, eliminate the analogue part and possibly utulise the optical USBstreamer but this requires I understand completely how REW is sending and receiving the...
  10. M

All good questions and thanks for the interest. The Miditech soundcard, the laptop and all the connections to/from them are not normally connected. All this stuff is for making measurements with REW to setup up the system. This is a seven way system. 1x 13.5" sub, 2x 8" midbass, 2X mid range and...
  11. M

This was just one of the issues Im trying to sort out on my cars system. I started a thread more specific to my usage on AV Nirvana which has a diagram of how things are set up -...
  12. M

USB high-speed isolators comparison tests

In my case I am using measurement equipment to perform tests through my audio DACs (MiniDSP / REW) and when I plug the AC charger in for the laptop I get a horrible 50hz noise in my measurements. Iv ordered a couple of low cost 'full speed' USB isolators that are Galvanically isolated, so they...
  13. M

USB high-speed isolators comparison tests

What device did you use to break the ground loop ? Thanks
  14. M

I was concerned about the AC noise when actually ALL these issues can be solved with an isolator (another senior moment!) Any reccommendations ? It doesn't have to be High Speed as Im not streaming just control purposes if not Ill trawl the net, thanks.
Top Bottom