Recent content by mafelba

1. M

Stereophile Recommended Components Fall 2020 is out

Its really hard to believe that someone could have such a simple view about why people are poor. I guess you'd say that they just choose to be poor, much like their parents and the parents before them, coincidentally. And wealthy people just choose to be wealthy, and, coincidentally, their...
  2. M

Naim Uniti Atom vs NAD M10

What would your take be on speakers?
  3. M

Naim Uniti Atom vs NAD M10

This is the kind of post I like
  4. M

[ I never said anything about published reviews. Word of mouth is critical. I don't know enough about which companies advertise and which don't.
  5. M

Amazon HD sound quality?

Maybe you should get better cables?
  6. M

Amazon HD sound quality?

I did a recent test (switching back and forth) comparing Amazon HD with Apple music and could not hear a difference, fwiw. Doesn't mean there isn't an audible difference, of course, I just couldn't hear one.
  7. M

Great, but were Theils' speakers PLAINLY superior to other $5-$20k speakers? I doubt it. They may have been your favorites, but everyone has his favorites. Superior products are products which are objectively better than others. Perhaps you are right and your example of Theil is an outlier. If...
  8. M

I think it is incorrect to call Tesla's cars disruptive products. Only now are they becoming disruptive - now that a vast charging infrastructure costing tens of billions has been built and billions have been spent on technology designed to bring down battery costs. For 15 years, Tesla cars...
  9. M

Superior products not only need to be much better than the rest, but they also need to be price competitive. A $50,000 DAC that is slightly more transparent than a $100 DAC is not going to make it as an example of a company that had a superior product but went out of business. I highly doubt...
  10. M

Any company which does not use marketing or advertising and relies on superior products is using the Tesla model. It doesn't necessarily mean that that company becomes the "Tesla of audio" or whatever industry they happen to be in, obviously. For Topping to be the Tesla of audio, they would have...
  11. M

No doubt about it in my opinion. I hope that we learn this soon before our strife gets even worse. The wealth needs to be spread around more. The question is what is the best to do it. Higher taxes would be a start, but that means the government controlling the purse strings and I'm not sure I...
  12. M

I'm not sure what your point is. Bose outsells Topping because its been marketing and advertising and creating a brand for 50 years now or whatever. Bose would probably sell very few units without that legacy and those dollars spent. In my experience, superior products ALWAYS do well. I'm not...
  13. M

You actually show your purchases to your family??
  14. M

I've never met a single person who has spent more than $5k on audio assets in my life and i've met rich and poor and everyone in between. Even my system only costs $3,500 total so I can't even count myself. Has to be much less than 1 in 10.
  15. M

There is another way to get noticed - make products which are superior. That is how Tesla did it without a dollar of advertising. If you have nothing special and are just one of many fish in the sea of choices, then yes, you probably have to market, market, market.
Top Bottom