Recent content by MacCali

1. MacCali

Geshelli JNOG Review (Balanced DAC)

Yes, well the irony in all this is the software did something to my pc that is strictly affecting the coax input to the dac. Optical still works and so does usb. Also the only other thing maybe is that the when using both usb and coax the unit is having some kind of malfunction and I just...
  2. MacCali

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Hybrid Tube Amp

I know this has been dead for ages, but I actually picked this unit up from monoprice on clearance. According to them the staff members were using on their setup, so they basically got it for free, but it wasn’t for them to keep. Again this is what I was told. So they were selling it for 20...
  3. MacCali

Geshelli JNOG Review (Balanced DAC)

This was my first dac I ever purchased, and honestly I must say I really enjoyed it. Prior to this I tried ESS dac and BB chip, which I had borrowed and I actually preferred the JNOG over both, not sure how either measured but to my dodo ears it actually sounded really good. Clarity and...
  4. MacCali

Review and Measurements of xDuoo TA-10 Tube DAC & HP Amp

It’s really nice man, can’t give a solid opinion to be honest. I have never tried the 10, but if you roll tubes you definitely get a difference in sound. So you got plenty of wiggle room. Also as mentioned in previous comments, if you consistently use it or are feeding it an audio signal and...
  5. MacCali

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

15% off anything retail or sale price I believe, not clearance, at Listenup Until Monday night Polk Reserver R700 pair with discount 1494. Will add more as I find.
  6. MacCali

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Yea, for real, that guy from iwi I think is his channel, was basically saying it's so good he bought the H90.. not that I can give a definitive fact that the h90 is worse, but I wouldn't doubt it honestly. He mentioned he borrowed it from a friend to do the review and he loves it so much and it...
  7. MacCali

Volumio Primo measurements

There website is extremely confusing, absolutely dont get what is going on. It says they are having a black friday special, and it's on sale for 449 euros. When I go to check out it says my total is 579.. and it's 10.79% off of 649.. where are they getting these numbers from, thin air? The...
  8. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Now I got another question, I dont know if anyone is willing to give advice on it or not. Either way appreciate all the help thus far, it has been very beneficial to my pocket. But I see that Gustard X26 pro, and of course other units have it as well, the denafrips brought it to my attention...
  9. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Oh that's sick, appreciate that too. Honestly, it may just be placebo, I got no clue. But ever since I started using coaxial, prior to my eitr honestly everything sounded better. I did get a 100 dollar msrp coaxial cable which is fairly old, I think maybe 5-10 years or so from a garage sale...
  10. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I totally respect that, I saw your discussion above all my nonsense posts. Can you direct me towards the posts that may give more feedback and also what is the best then? AES? I actually prefer coaxial
  11. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

But do you understand what I am saying? The amplifier has a loop function, so I can feed the right channel a signal; then loop that right channel to the left channel input. Producing the same output. Isn't that virtually the same thing as running two speakers that are 6 ohms on one amp? The...
  12. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I strongly agree with you, but again you must consider for me being so new to audio and trying to put this whole thing together is really tough. There are far too many variables. As mentioned in my post the irony is the same video that got me to purchase the pi2aes and the eitr to be frank...
  13. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I got two HCA-1500a with THX Ultra certification, they measure the same thx certified, however they are newer models/less old. I bought an HCA-1000 for 300 and I really liked it. Used the[1000] on my Uni-fi 2.0's towers and honestly they sounded great. Right now I am exactly where I want to...
  14. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

Yea, youre actually right. LOL this video was the reason why I bought the Pi2AES, I am super out of it. But I think I watched this around when the video actually dropped. I just got my pi2aes. So I understand what that guy is mentioning at the top. Maxbuck. Well that was simple. Now I can...
  15. MacCali

Best DAC for I2S input

I've actually watch that before a long time ago, forgot about the bit perfect stuff. Yes, I will be running XLR
Top Bottom