Recent content by maarvold

1. M

Topping D90 XLR output: inverted polarity?

Being in absolute polarity refers to the ability of a component to pass a compression wave as a compression wave, instead of turning it into a rarefaction wave. Simplified, a 'punchy' kick drum should push on your chest instead of pulling on it. There is a 2 box system called a Galaxy Cricket...
  2. M

AMA about the Topping D90 (non-MQA version)

It was the AKM. I know the new version uses a different chip. But I also know due to--just one example--following the minutiae of specs in vintage Fender electric guitars and amps, that there is plenty of crazy stuff going on regarding what is supposed to be and what actually is. And when the...
  3. M

AMA about the Topping D90 (non-MQA version)

A search for the information I am about to post lead me to this thread so it seems like as good a place as any. Caveat: Doing this will void the warrantee and should only be performed if you have some skill with component disassembly/reassembly. If you want to open your D90--I wanted to...
  4. M

Topping D90 XLR output: inverted polarity?

I am about to acquire my 4th Topping D90; I use them in my studio for various tasks. I haven't checked all of them, but it took me a little head-scratching before I figured out that the first one I bought was Pin 3 = High. Almost all modern audio gear these days is Pin 2 = High (3 = Low and 1...
Top Bottom