Recent content by m_u

1. M

Phono pre suggestions?

That is a Mani headroom Mani 2 headroom is : Which is better than Parasound Zphono at 20khz by about 2-4Vrms and by about 25Vrms at all other measured frequencies
  2. M

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Depends on the pickups actually, also an audio interface noise floor can affect sound if using high gain apm sims. Anyway would be good to know. Thanks
  3. M

Can an anyone please measure an RMS noise of an instrument input? Would be interesting to know how it's compared to -116db of an rme babyface instrument input Thanks. Much appreciated
  4. M

Can you please measure instrument input as well? Would be good to know at least RMS noise level.
  5. M

Best way to align speakers alongside a 55" LCD monitor (in front, behind, parallel?) And Room treatment?

The distance from the back wall as well as the distance from the corner matters more than keeping them aligned with the lcd. My speakers have a woofer hole at the back and I had to move them forward. Curently they are technically back aligned with lcd
  6. M

Hello and a first question.

magnetic field noises are everywhere and I know how they sounds. I remember how I could tell if somone was watching tv at their house being myself of the street, because I could hear high frequency hum from crt tvs
  7. M

Yes, but the sound was not like a constant low level noise or constant hum, it was like a fast clicks or like a trigger double kick drum around 180pbm with 16th notes
  8. M

You wired an rca to xlr cable so I presume it is lol
  9. M

I think that if your amps have linear power supplies you will not hear anything as it's a switching power supply noise (like something is switching something with a constant amplitude)
  10. M

Well, currently it's 15cm away from deqx and 37 cm away from p252. Can't hear any noise with my ear almost touches the speaker. RCA unfortunately
  11. M

I had that explanation in my mind that it's probably picks up switching noise from a switching power supply and amplifies it.
  12. M

Hi all, I've been reading ASR for over a year now. Great topics, measures and suggestions, now my audiophile friends hate me haha. The idea to register came yesterday because I found a weird behavior with my setup. Speaking of wich. Martin Logan motion 40 speakers, DEQX hp-3 preamp, MarchAudio...
Top Bottom