Recent content by Lupin

1. Lupin

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

Your ears are just the receivers, your brain does the actual processing. There are enough studies and papers out there that proof how unreliable (to put it nicely) your brain is in that department.
  2. Lupin

Topping d70s vs topping E50

I'm very serious. Up to this moment I have read, seen and heard hundreds of claims from people who say the difference between DAC "X" and DAC "Y" is night and day bla bla bla Yet I have not seen a single shred of actual proof in all those years from anyone. Why is that? Why is nobody able to...
  3. Lupin

Monoprice DAC & Amp Dongle Review

1000% this. My trust and confidence in Monoprice just dropped to minus 10. These are major deviations compared to the specs. Even simple testing, testing that some "regular" people do on ASR, would've already shown that something is not as it should be. This product should never have made it to...
  4. Lupin

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Another special snow flake.. by now it would be more special not to be a special snowflake.. :rolleyes: Guess I'm getting my popcorn one again, so far it's all claims without any actual proof.
  5. Lupin

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Well at least subjective crowd is predictable and consistent. I was wondering how long it would take for the price argument to come up. Performance is automatically better when a device costs magnitudes more then another cheaper device... heard and seen it a thousand times now. Subjective crowd...
  6. Lupin

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

Sure... if there was only a good reseller for Schiit in Europe. Schiit EU store is a joke as they never have anything in stock and at this price bracket ordering from Schiit USA is no option IMHO due relatively very high import taxes and shipping fees. So in the end I went for SMSL and later...
  7. Lupin

Audio GD - bad rap in the past -new breed !!

Well so far my NFB-11.38 outlived the SMSL M200 I had... ;) Lets see what survives longer, the NFB-11.38 or D30 Pro ymmv ofc :)
  8. Lupin

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Very nice piece of gear. Personally is still prefer the orange display of the D30 Pro over this one.. although it is much better than the display on de D90 series. Interesting to see that an AIO scores better in the DAC department than a dedicated DAC ;)
  9. Lupin

This $850 Fiio K9pro has a built in EQ, through the app. How does it sound better than a cheaper dac/amp?

Objective performance is not all that great considering the absurd asking price for the unit.
  10. Lupin

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

It is the effect of the AKM fire and therefor the regular AKM chip they use no longer being available.
  11. Lupin

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Both images show USB2 from the chipset NOT from the CPU. You were talking about USB2 lanes directly from the CPU. Technically AMD CPU has an USB2 lane as you can see in the second image but as far as I'm aware there is not a consumer motherboard that exposes that lane to the end customer.
  12. Lupin

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Any CPU that doesn't come out of an toaster will only supply USB3.x lanes.
  13. Lupin

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

They both cost about the same.. I would go for the D-6 as it comes with more connectivity options, other than that it really doesn't matter at all.
  14. Lupin

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I know it is a (semi) online shop. Still the overal presentation doesn't look very professional imho. Everyone must decide from themselves ofc but for me that shop just doesn't give good vibes.
  15. Lupin

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

How close is close? I live about 800 meters from them... still order my stuff from somewhere else. Their website is far from professional nor their location (residential) doesn't give me much confidence shopping there.
Top Bottom