Recent content by Lupin

1. Lupin

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Come up with an actual scientific reference that supports your claim about the DX9. I don't care about "the internet". We would be all Paul worshippers and buy $20K I2S cables because it makes the music sound so much better if "the internet" was proof enough to claim anything.
  2. Lupin

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Err no, the sound is at the level of $200 DACs. You pay for the form factor, design and connectivity. More expensive doesn't make it sound better. There is no such thing as "burning" unless the unit is actually on fire. But amuse me, why 100 hours? why not 50 or 200 hours? Or even better why...
  3. Lupin

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I totally agree but the subjective part should/must come from the speakers/headphones and/or EQ used. It is not and it should never be the job of a DAC to change the output to be more "pleasing" in anyway.
  4. Lupin

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I've been turning on and off my computer on a daily basis (sometimes multiple times a day) since the eighties. Never had a single issue with one of my systems.
  5. Lupin

Upgraded AK1499EQ DAC: Why Some Red Book CD's are Not Affected w/Upgrade?

Price doesn't say anything about the actual quality of the DAC. It can be $100.000 per unit for all I care, doesn't automatically make it any good.
  6. Lupin

My apologies if it came over that way. I didn't mean to say you are claiming sound difference but (many) other people... somehow all in the subjective camp, claim that there are.
  7. Lupin

Sadly the myth that balanced is the be all and end all for sound quality just doesn't want to seem to die. Unless you experience USB connection/transfer problems with a source... nothing. It's just an USB driver that facilitates the USB connection/transfer between the XMOS interface and...
  8. Lupin

Audio-gd nfb11.28 amp power issues

Ah that reddit link again... I said it back then and I will say it now, that post is from someone who had a personal negative experience with a unit overreacted and overdramatized the situation.
  9. Lupin

Audio-gd nfb11.28 amp power issues

Well my NFB-11.38 looks a lot cleaner than that... looks like someone used that unit for solder practise or something.
  10. Lupin

FiiO KA13 - new portable / USB dongle DAC & Headphone Amp combination

My unit came with FW 0.15 out of the box. No issues so far. Unit get bit warm during usage but nothing to worry about. Installed the FiiO app just to be able to permanently turn off the LED, personally I see the LED as a gimmick not as something useful. KA13 is powerful enough for the IEM and...
  11. Lupin

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

All you need to do is pay €300 for a HQPlayer licence... expensive placebo I would say. :rolleyes: So besides the initial €300 you also get a high electricity bill as bonus for something doesn't really do anything... double pass :D
  12. Lupin

What is the point of CD rips?

See point one in my previous post.
  13. Lupin

What is the point of CD rips?

Aah yes everything you find on the internet is true of course. I better look up a quote from Paul from PS Audio, I'm sure he will back up your statement which automatically makes it true... Why? It's 2024, DAC/AMP dongles that are audibly transparent are getting increasingly common and prices...
  14. Lupin

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

Isn't that obvious... up sampling to DSD will cause a DSD indicator and/or a "special" color LED to light up on the DAC which just by looking at that will increase the sound quality multiple times, like night and day difference. o_O;)
  15. Lupin

Topping DX3 Pro+ USB connection to mobile phone

On Android you can, I'm using it right now (in combination with UAPP for best result/SQ) Not sure about iPhone as I don't have an iPhone... wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't work. Can always use BT, which works for sure.
Top Bottom