Recent content by lshivamber

1. L

Apple lossless official announcement

This is great progress. Will have to seriously consider what to do about my Qobuz plan
  2. L

New Yorker piece on audiophiles

Creative writing can be great reading. But so is good fiction. I am of the view that unless there are actual measurements taken, any listening test is purely subjective and not relevant to what I am likely to experience.
  3. L

Improve Raspberry 4 streamer

The RPI4 is already a great streamer. If you are looking for ways to improve outside of audible improvements, then one feature I am interested in is the ability to trigger a DAC to turn on
  4. L

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Bringing transparency to dubious claims is a good thing. Thank you for your work. Glad I avoided adopting MQA.
  5. L

Advice on upgrade choices for the best of Revel M106

The MiniDSP has a lot of plus features which make it an interesting choice. I was attracted to the SHD Power combo but concerned about the amp part.
  6. L

Thank you for your reply. Just curious if you are making much use of Dirac live?
  7. L

Have been loving the incredible material here, and Looking for some help in building out my M106 setup. Currently using Roon Server -> Pi4/Ropiee -> Dac USB being replaced -> Amplifier being replaced -> M106 Choices being considered: 1. Pi4 -> Benchmark DAC3 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2. Is it...
  8. L

Anthem AVM 70 and AVM 90 Processors

I am using AVM70 with Atmos source connected directly to the TV. Sound is processed by AVM70 as Atmos using eARC (shows on display mode, and effects are present on all speakers).
  9. L

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

Word of warning. Apos recently changed their return policy. You may be subject to a restocking fee if the return is after 7 days. I bought an item at the end of January and read the return policy thoroughly, no stocking fee in place. A couple weeks later when I contacted them for a return they...
  10. L

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Thanks Carlos. Followed and got it to work. Can I ask what settings you are using on the X16 for filter? I am using LFS and it sounds like the stream is not as clear in some pieces (I listen to Norah Jones for comparison).
  11. L

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Trying to use this with Roon and USB connected to Raspberry Pi 4 running ropieeexl unsuccessfully so far. Anyone got this to work?
Top Bottom