Recent content by lpdot

1. L

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

It should be. UPDATE: Thank you all for your continued patience. Look for an update today to BluOS 3.20.49 for your NODE N130 to resolve a race condition in CPU utilisation when connecting to certain USB DACs such as the Topping Brand. We do apologise for the inconvenience but are glad we...
  2. L

I'm using a One4All Zapper+ to control the Node, integrated amp, external DAC and some beamer functions. And, yes, having the Node learn the remote is very cool.
  3. L

And I thought you were the lucky exception to this USB dread. Well, welcome to the club then :)
  4. L

I was thinking of using a smart plug to facilitate power cycling but ended up with the optical output - can't say I hear any noticeable difference.
  5. L

The Node can also be programmed to work with a third-party remote. I use a cheap Warehouse deal remote like 99% of the time to switch between radio presets, Spotify, stop and skip songs, etc.
  6. L

Are you using an external DAC connected via USB?
  7. L

Switched to optical out for the time being: having to power cycle every two days is a nuisance. A shame really, since the Node appeared very stable until this unfortunate update.
  8. L

The latest FW has messed up the USB output in the Node. The device freezes after approx 48 hours when connected to an external DAC via USB. Details are in this thread.
  9. L

Don't see why you can't. I'm using the Node's USB into Topping E30 into an Atoll integrated's analog input.
  10. L

Several times I found I forgot to power up the external DAC and was happily listening to the Node "as is" for a couple of days in a row )
  11. L

Node 2i is different as it doesn't have a USB out for an external DAC (you could use the optical / coax though). And, yes, you can hook up a Node directly to your amp via RCA. I have an N130 that is connected via RCA and an external DAC to different inputs on the same amp at the same time.
  12. L

Whether it's related to MQA I can't say - I'm more inclined to think it's the DAC's preamp feature that causes this behaviour. Intuitively you would think that setting the DAC to fixed mode would render the volume control on the Node unavailable, but it in reality it does not make any...
  13. L

Confirm that. I have an E30 in DAC mode (fixed output) and I can still control volume in the BluOS app in Android / Windows. Additionally, I bumped into a thread in the BluOS support forums with dozens of people reporting the are able to control volume when outputting to external DACs via USB.
  14. L

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

Before subscribing to Spotify I used Volumio for local files and web radio. Rarely the system would just freeze for no apparent reason. Other than that, the experience was quite positive. However, ironically it was Volumio that led me to trying out Spotify - even more so the frustration when it...
  15. L

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

I went for a Node N130 - a very reliable and consistent performance with Spotify. I always wondered if the premium users had to go through the same ordeals... P.S. That thing with the app being just a wrapper for the web interface :)
Top Bottom