Recent content by Lotus78

1. L

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

B&W 703 $3,400 ($6,079 adjusted for inflation) in 2001 by todays standards they would be very average and over priced. In comparison I currently own the Philharmonic BMR Monitors $2,000 and Wharfedale Lintons with stands $1,500 both are better in everyway. Benchmark AHB2 amp $3,400. Not much...
  2. L

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Two rooms music one with 10 ft projector all 2 ch stereo with Dirac live. Philharmonic BMRs in living room. Lintons in main listening room and Martin Logans ESL for movies and tv. MCM only allowed in main listening room.
  3. L

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I’m not an electrical engineer but from the layman perspective it seems that the cost to unengineer a solved headphone problem is $5,500. Edit my go to headphone is the HiFiman HE 500 I just cannot get why the BOM, labor and machine run rates, indirect labor and G&A is much different than the...
  4. L

The kit we bought, our current setups

Thanks, That is actually an old picture taken before our house was flooded. The room has been rebuilt since then. Current kit: Main Listen Room: Benchmark AHB2 amp MiniDSP Flex with Dirac Live WIIM Streamer Wharfedale Linton Speakers Current picture: headphone kit SMSL C2000 DAC/Amp...
  5. L

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Is it too much to ask to put the topping DAC/ preamp/ headphone amp/ speaker amp in one box with Dirac and Wi-Fi streaming?
  6. L

My two-channel room was flooded so currently my two channel/headphone/theater is squeezed in to one area. The Minidsp is now used for theater duties. The two channel room is being rebuilt and a MINIdsp flex and a Benchmark AHB2 is on order to be used with the BMR Monitors after the room is...
  7. L

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

I just upgraded my toaster oven along with this DAC unveiled 12 layers of army blankets from my speakers an added PR and slam that I would expect from a $1,000,000 toaster oven DAC combo with 22.7 hours of burn in. Hopefully this is enough to lock this thread
  8. L

In the racing world a fresh engine is at its best. It’s all down hill in performance after it’s first revolution.
  9. L

Sorry did not realize there were other 3k DAC tested my bad. Mabey we could put it as #1 in the over 25lb DAC class?
  10. L

Ye gods, so far 12 pages of arguments about a device that elsewhere for $150 will give you a mostly solved problem and for $300 will give you a complete solved problem with no need of “burn-in”. Thanks for the review amirm. But as a glass half full take. This unit did out perform the PS Audio...
  11. L

The discarded speakers are a single driver folded horn kit from madisound. The wine stash is the wife's
  12. L

Updated new speakers
Top Bottom