Recent content by Lonnie

1. L

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

No new hardware would be needed. There is plenty of horsepower in the unit. It's all about licensing.
  2. L

All of the delays, levels, EQ's and Dirac are implemented after the Bass Manager in all our processors. I am sorry to say, that I am not in a position to speak about the Dirac Bass Module at this time.
  3. L

Hi Mike, I'm not sure what you are asking here. There is bass management that is associated to how HT processors work and Dirac has a module that works in conjunction with the processors bass manager. A bit more info would be helpful. Thanks,
  4. L

Yes, both ADI and Dolby are aware of it now. I am thankful they both are responsive to things like this, so I have every confidence it will be resolved.
  5. L

Zooqu1KO is probably correct. Craig from Dolby always referred them as being encrypted bitstreams and I just took it at face value. My bad if I gave false info here. From my perspective I really didn't care if it was encrypted or not, I was more concerned about being compliant. In that...
  6. L

They are licensed just like we are. What they get is basically the same, its code that they don't have access too.
  7. L

That is not really an option and here is why. Both the Dolby and DTS streams are encrypted. You can't decode them without using their respective algorithms.
  8. L

It is a function of the Dolby and DTS modules that are embedded within the chip. They are nothing more then Black boxes as far as we are concerned and only have access to the handles to do basic controls.
  9. L

I honestly can't say. We are using the ADI chips and it is in there, but I can't speak for the TI, NXP or any of the other decoders.
  10. L

It only shows up with 2 channel audio. The reason it didn't show up is the Dolby certs require the up mixer to be tested with a multi-channel input and it does not exhibit the same behavior. It's nice and clean.
  11. L

Point well made. Their is a definite distinction between someone who is a "hater" and someone who simply has a dissenting opinion. I retract my previous statement.
  12. L

With all due respect, nothing was censored or deleted from the thread. I posted that we were digging into the findings. From that point on the post from both supporters and haters just made the whole thread useless, so it was closed. But nothing was censored or deleted.
  13. L

A big thank you Amir for retesting the RMC-1. I also want to thank you for bringing to our attention something we missed in our standard battery of test. It was a pleasure speaking with you and thank you again. We do strive to provide the best product possible for our customers but we are...
  14. L

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

That is up to the end user to decide if the performance meets their needs. When I talk to customers I try to find out what it is they are looking for and help them find what works best. For a large percentage of our customers, the performance of our AVP is more then sufficient and at the same...
Top Bottom