Recent content by lonewolf

1. lonewolf

Research Project: Infinity IL10 Speaker Review & Measurements

I envy you! My area seems almost devoid of electronics. Even if I include my search to the entire province I rarely see anything interesting. Or at least anything I've looked for. I did manage to find my Revel F35s and matching center for a fantastic price this way, but it's been rare that I...
  2. lonewolf

That particular seller has a 100% positive feedback. I remember way back in the day it was an auction site and you had to bid on items. I see there is an option to Buy It Now. Is the auction stuff even a thing anymore? To everyone, would there be any value to the site or this research thread if...
  3. lonewolf

Interesting. I've never used ebay before. I had looked around at my usual online places, but came up empty with these. Hmmm.
  4. lonewolf

I can see that being an issue. I would be curious tho how much is "a lot". Over $100? I could be willing to pay for shipping both ways if it's not too unreasonable. But I agree, there becomes a point where it doesn't make sense.
  5. lonewolf

I'm certainly not opposed to the idea, if Amir is willing to ship. If not, that's okay too. I also have the Revel F35 speaker to compare against.
  6. lonewolf

I'm very happy to see a move to keep this thread productive rather than hostile, kudos! I have to say, it's been a tough slog reading through all the pages to get here to the end. I'm looking forward to where it goes from here! @amirm, you've mentioned that you would like to get this speakers...
  7. lonewolf

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

That makes sense to me! I listen more far-field so PIR should take more precedence. This is a great idea! Having speaker EQs based off the measurements could be very interesting indeed. From what I understand, JBL Synthesis offers speaker EQ based off anechoic measurements and it sounds like...
  8. lonewolf

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Are you basing the EQ off the spinorama or the Predicted In Room Response graph? I have the F35s and wouldn't mind using Amirs measurements to try a speaker correction EQ, but wasn't sure which one to use. That said, I have no clue how to make filters yet (I'm slowly learning!) so I'm probably a...
  9. lonewolf

Infinity R162 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I had a look at that sale, but it seems Harman doesn't deliver to Canada. A real shame as I have a friend looking for some cheap speakers and I'd love to recommend these. For the price, I doubt he'll find better.
  10. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the speakers! I would love to see some measurements on the C25. I have it and it matches very well with the F35s. I too have wondered how having the waveguide turned vertical affects horizontal dispersion, but since it's just me watching movies and I get to sit...
  11. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

There has been a lot of talk over the years about treating the first reflection points with absorbers. This can help with speakers that have poor off axis measurements as the reflections will be at a different response than the direct sound. Amirs measurements show that the off axis measurements...
  12. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Congrats on the F35s! I have those at home and absolutely love them! You comment on trying toe in/out to help with soundstage. I didn't find adjusting toe in to make much of a difference. I currently have them aimed right at my listening spot, only because they are on either side of my TV and I...
  13. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I'll see about taking a sweep of my F35s in my room sometime in the next couple of days. When I've listened to just the F35s (without sub or room correction) they haven't seemed to lack in low end bass with normal music. When putting on dubstep or basshead tracks it's obvious there is a lack of...
  14. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Whoops, my bad! Ultimately my question is to Alice of Old Vincennes as to why a 2.5 way is felt to be bad.
  15. lonewolf

Revel F35 Speaker Review

What's wrong with that? I have the F35s and they sound fantastic. The measurements back it up. So why do you think this as a 2.5-way is "bad"? The Infinity Reference 2000.6 from... 1996 I think, also had a waveguide.
Top Bottom