Recent content by london_r

1. L

Any network or Wi-Fi experts here?

Unfortunately there can be multiple reasons why you see the behaviour that you are observing. It will take a bit of time invested to collect the information you will need in order to better understand the environment and then to try and address the root cause. > It seems that once pages load...
  2. L

Killer Dak for Kef blade one Meta

mmmm... That's some nice looking kit. Glad I didn't have the cash in the 80's.... would have been such an easy sell on a nice looking spectrum analyzer.
  3. L

Auralic Aries G1 - burned USB DAC ports

Sorry to hear that you got burned too by this brand's flawed product (in the literal, not in the USB sense !) .... Here's hoping the repair isn't overly expensive wish you better luck on your next purchase.
  4. L

Auralic Aries G1 - burned USB DAC ports

Sadly, I think you may be stuck with having to pay for the repair I am afraid. Based on my own experience with an Auralic Aries Femto, it suffered from a completely unrelated product design flaw (WLAN card failure) to your USB issue that was pretty well documented on their own support forum...
  5. L

Favorite Drummers

Some great suggestions on this list... and for certain there are some incredibly technically proficient players on here. That said, whilst I love the theatrics and gymnastics behind a kit as much as the next drummer, the "art" rather than the "mechanics" are those signature patterns, that within...
  6. L

Easy to operate streamer

The USB A ports can be used to connect to an external DAC (eg. if you don't want to use the internal DAC, but would rather use something else instead). They can also be used to backup the internal drive (as can an external NAS file share) or for import from USB attached storage. In terms of...
  7. L

Easy to operate streamer

In case it helps, you might want to consider the following: Using an iPad in single-app mode (aka Kiosk mode).... this effectively locks the iPad to become a single purpose device. This would provide a persistent display - hence meeting this part of your requirements and allow you to...
  8. L

Out for a few more days

All the best Amir - sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Wish you and yours well.
  9. L

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I personally have found Amir’s videos to be a refreshing and informative perspective on all things audio. Am glad to see some of these topics be consolidated rather than diluted in the many different threads/reviews as they are worth developing in terms of explanation. On the whole, it is great...
  10. L

Iconic Boomboxes

Many, many years ago, I used to work in a large branch of Dixons (consumer electronics store in the UK) as a student at the weekend. This was the top of the range at the time… think about £220 if I remember rightly. Loved the motorised top…. (Alas this was way beyond my budget, but eventually...
  11. L

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: Marantz CD-63SE CD Player… can still remember the genuine excitement and joy this thing gave (was my 1st hifi, up from a boom box). Worst: Auralic Aries Femto… paid £650 thinking It was a bargain (£1500 new) - ended up getting chucked in the bin when the repair costs for a known design...
  12. L

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

I confess, the Topping D90SE was a purchase heavily influenced by the testing/review on here (and an eBay bargain price too!).
  13. L

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

+1 on thinking it looks like something a gamer would have… lol. On a more serious note, great to see that this is pushing the limits of what state of the art headphones can achieve - Well done to the manufacturer for putting the effort in to achieve this. Differentiation at this level can only...
  14. L

B&W 800 D3 vs KEF Blade. Let's discuss.

Maybe… but the Dali Fazon F5‘s are made from die-cast aluminium and perform very well indeed.
  15. L

Is it ok to leave a DAC always on?

Lol - best comment in a long time… nothing to worry about as you say !
Top Bottom