Recent content by LilSizzle

1. L

Full Noob seeks guidance - Which Amp?

Here are all of my learnings that maybe of us to other newbs that come in future. The Maximalist Setup (for me): The process of buying a good system goes in this order: - Speakers - Amp - Audio inputs Speakers: Learn about impedance and Ohms. Once you get this then you can decide what amp to...
  2. L

The guy I bought it from was a bit of audio nerd so talked me through everything. The DAC on this is meant to be pretty solid so I'm going to run an Airport Express and line that in optically. His suggestion was to get a cheap blue ray player and stream from that. I'm all Apple. So apples it...
  3. L

Sonos-like stereo with non-smart speakers, how?

What’s the $ of that kind of setup?
  4. L

Yeah. Nice to know it gets a . Also, the Integra was huge. Weighed 20kgs. This is 10kgs. Much happier with that.
  5. L

Harmon Kardon Go Play Plus Sub? Possible

Hello legends, Me again with a fun question. I want to split a signal in two and drive it into a Harmon Kardon Go Play II and then into a Polk DSW PRO 440wi Sub for the bass. Just like having a sub ready to jack into for that extra lower end kick. The gear: HK GO Play - input 3.5mm Polk...
  6. L

Entry-level AVR Recommendation for HIFI Noob?

If you don't need the HDMI I found second hand Harmon Kardon 3490 is pretty good. Lots of power in there with a sub out if you need. https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/hk-3490
  7. L

Sonos-like stereo with non-smart speakers, how?

Any alternatives for this one rocking about?
  8. L

Hello friends, I went to collect the Integra Amplifier dtr-7.8 for $150 AUD. When I arrived I tried out the remote and it wasn't working. 10minutes later we gave up and he pulled out another Amp. A Pioneer VSX-519V-K so I just gave him $80 and went on my way. Got it home, plugged it all up with...
  9. L

Wild price hike. Yeah, I'm going look into getting a standard ChromeCast and connecting via HDMI. I run full Apple Ecosystem so there is also the option of a cheap old Apple TV with optical out or an Airport Express. I'll look into that first. Yeah - about $70 for one of these - Airport Express...
  10. L

Could I run a standard google Chrome Cast into the HDMI on maybe?
  11. L

I was thinking Chromecast Audio too...they got for about $200AUD here. Wow. Also, I'm a full newb baby. NOS? All I get is Fast & The Furious.
  12. L

Boom. $150 is a-okay with him. Looks like that part is sorted. Now onto the wifi/bluetooth adaptor any suggestions?
  13. L

Fair. The add did say open to negotiation. :)
  14. L

Open to suggestions on the WIFI/Bluetooth business.
Top Bottom