Recent content by lexelot

1. L

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I use pre-out only inside the Speaker Connection menu of my X3800H for LCR channels. My other speakers are using the amps on the receiver. Amp Assign is set to 7.1 + Zone 2. Any amp assign mode lets me choose if I want to use “Pre-out only” or “Speaker + Pre-out” in the separate Speaker...
  2. L

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

I measured both on REW with my old X4500H and flat removed MRC completely. Not sure if things have changed but I know it wasn’t present a few years ago.
  3. L

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

If you listen at a level significantly lower than reference, use the DynamicEQ offset. All DynamicEQ does is increase bass and high frequencies based off of current volume compared to the set offset. So for example, if the offset is 0db and you’re listening at 0db, DynamicEQ is nonfunctional...
  4. L

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

Sure thing! It seems like a good option for those looking to run their subs in stereo or similar setup and have good control over placement/seating to combat the additional nulls. I utilize two subs in that room and it switched it to Standard automatically during Audyssey setup. I checked in the...
  5. L

Got my X3800H setup today and here are some very unscientific examinations: Came from an X4500H which is now gracing a different room. LCR are connected to a NC252MP & NC250MP 3 channel amplifier via Monoprice RCA to XLR On the X4500H, I had no speaker hiss at all. On the X3800H, I had a...
  6. L

It has: https://www.homecinema-fr.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Denon-2022_16-scaled.jpg Crutchfield and Denon just make reference to the Texas Instruments DAC in general: "32-Bit/192kHz DACs: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AVR-X3800H features...
  7. L

They don't -- X3800H & X4800H = PCM5102A A1H = ES9018K2M
  8. L

The Crutchfield page shows the Dirac Live license will cost $199. Who knows if they have inside info or are just copy-pasting information from another avr though. Here is the exact note: Note: You have the option to upgrade to Dirac Live (for $199), an advanced state-of-the-art digital room...
  9. L

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Manual: https://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3800H/NA/EN/DRDZSYqibytsvl.php
Top Bottom