Recent content by lator

1. L

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

@tomchr HPA-2 with XLR headphone plug and I have found my headphone amp holy grail.
  2. L

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Don't underestimate before you have experience with stock headphone cable from the likes of Shure or MrSpeakers (before their new Vivo cable). There are stock and then there are stock cables :D
  3. L

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I have similar experience. The biggest differences are Atom's better instrument separation and more articulate bass when both are using SE. THX wins with better horizontal imaging. Need to order better than stock XLR headphone cable to make final decision which one has to go.
  4. L

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I would rather use v2 myself with HD650 just for the peace of mind to protect my headphones.
  5. L

For the record I am using UAPP for music and other apps with DX3 pro Bluetooth connection to keep my phone wireless.
  6. L

There are USB-C to USB-B cables as well. At least working just fine with my s10e.
  7. L

Marketing department earning their living "revised and improved V2, benefiting in particular from new practical features and ensuring even better audio performance."
  8. L

I used portable solutions with my closed cans before DX3 Pro. For example compared with Dragonfly Red there is no contest in my opinion at least with the cans I have (Nightowl, Aeon Flow). More open, effortless and "bigger" sound overall, less harshness and sibilant as well. For reference...
  9. L

Should be ok if you have 80 or 250 ohm model.
  10. L

Well in the end I guess a device such as this was too good to be true considering the price range. Here's hoping original DX3 Pro in circulation will have long life ahead of them.
  11. L

If this is accurate then output impedance needs to be measured again.
  12. L

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Times certainly have changed from the days I built my living room speaker setup 10-15 years ago. Or at least there is accurate information more readily available nowadays to make informative choices. However one thing I am still not 100% convinced is the trend of cheap power supplies...
  13. L

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

I tested Burmester 052 dac ($5000+) with JDS Atom and HD600 yesterday with some live concert footage and gotta say JDS scales amazingly with the source. There are cheaper well engineered unbalanced dacs though so better look what's available before committing to D70 would be my advice. Don't...
  14. L

I haven't found anything in this thread to solve the problem. Topping is working on a version 2 that would include the protective circuit.
  15. L

MrSpeakers Aeon has 13-14 Ohm rating. Any ideas how DX3Pro would behave with Aeon?
Top Bottom