Recent content by LandscapeJohn

1. L

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I don't think so. It seems like I've occasionally seen the display glitch when it's first powered on but it's just a blip. I wonder if this could be something with the timing or interference on the wiring?
  2. L

Sure, feel free to include whatever you want and make any changes as you see fit. Glad it was able to speed things up for you.
  3. L

Exactly. Basically since your filters are adding gain you want to reduce the overall gain so that in the end your peaks aren't exceeding the maximum level and clipping.
  4. L

It looks like those are just standard filters that you could setup manually in app, especially if there is just a handful of them. If you pull up the web interface and go to the filters tab you should be able to create a new filter with type "Biquad" and then enter the frequency, gain, and Q:
  5. L

I'd actually been thinking about the pyCamillaDSP thing this weekend and how I didn't like incorporating that into my program due to the GPL license. Everything else I'm using is MIT and I wanted to keep that as the license for the entire project. Really the screen is only using a small subset...
  6. L

That's a good point, it does look like RPi.GPIO is on borrowed time. The thing is that using a direct library seems WAY faster than using the lgpio method of accessing the pins. In my benchmark testing the old way is 11+ times faster than the new way. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but here's...
  7. L

This is such a cool project I've used it to replace my Rotel RC-1590 preamp as the controller for my system. Since it allows my phone to stream to it using Airplay I could even eliminate the AppleTV from the setup. mdsimon2 has done a really great job documenting this project and turning it...
  8. L

Is my Rotel RC-1590 preamp THIS bad or am I measuring wrong?

A lot of great information here, thanks to everyone that's replied. The short answer is that I evidently WAS measuring incorrectly but it took me a while to figure it out. From my first post I noted: It turns out that engaging the attenuator and to a lesser extent allowing distortion to...
  9. L

Is my Rotel RC-1590 preamp THIS bad or am I measuring wrong?

I have a Rotel RC-1590 preamp and have noticed that when it's not muted there is an audible hiss from my tweeters. This prompted me to hook up my QuantAsylum 402 analyzer and measure the SNR to see what was up. The spec on the Rotel web page lists the 'IHF "A" Weighted' SNR for digital inputs at...
Top Bottom