Recent content by L-Train

1. L

New Topping L70 is just insane.

Thanks. I just did a quick search on the forum too and it seems the input sensitivity for the A90 is specified post-attenuation (see this post), and since the L70 is said to have the same/similar topology I guess avoiding the last 1-2 clicks on the volume control with 2/2.1Vrms sources at high...
  2. L

New Topping L70 is just insane.

This looks really good and the relay volume control is enough for me to upgrade from my L50 to this. However, looking at the specs the input sensitivity at high gain is 1.9Vrms which sounds like the output is guaranteed to clip at maximum volume with typical 2Vrms DACs. Is this correct?
  3. L

Lynx Aurora 8 Review (8-channel DAC/ADC)

Alright, here's another set of measurements for the Aurora 8. This time it's THD vs. frequency at 4 different generator levels. The test setup is the same: the Aurora 8 is loopbacked with an E44 (i.e. outputs connected to inputs and vice versa), both set to +20 dBu FS, but this time at 96 kHz...
  4. L

Sure. Here are a few measurements of 1 kHz sine waves at 4 different generator levels at 44.1 kHz, 24 bit. The screenshots are in this order horizontally: Lynx E44 loopback Lynx E44 to Aurora 8 (internal clock) Lynx E44 to Aurora 8 (AES external clock with SynchroLock ON) -1 dBFS -3...
  5. L

I looked at my measurements in post #56 again and realized in my haste I incorrectly used a plain sine wave for the 12 kHz jitter measurement (duh). Using the J-Test FLAC files found at https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=108927.0, I re-ran the measurement. Again, the testing device is the...
  6. L

I've made more measurements with the Aurora 8 using its internal clock, and with it being clocked by AES from the Lynx E44 with both SynchroLock on the Aurora enabled and disabled. All screenshots are in this order horizontally: Aurora 8 internal clock Aurora 8 clocked by AES with SynchroLock...
  7. L

Interesting results. I took a few quick measurements of my Aurora 8 for comparison (using my Lynx E44 and ARTA as the analyzer). Mind you, my test conditions aren't quite the same as I have both the Aurora 8 and E44 connected via Thunderbolt, and both are running independently using their...
  8. L

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Have you updated your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version? There have been many reports of USB dropouts with recent generations of the Ryzen platform, and have mostly been fixed with AGESA updates in recent BIOSes.
  9. L

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

I just got mine in this morning and am listening to it now with a Lynx E44 going into the balanced input, outputting to a pair of HD 600s. Subjectively I find it incredibly detailed across the spectrum, moreso than the THX 789 it replaced. In particular, the bass sounds more defined and feels...
  10. L

Just thought of a few more questions. Do the TRS jacks have enough spacing to allow for TRS -> XLR adapters like the Neutrik NA3FP or NA3MP? Also, are the TRS inputs DC coupled and RCA inputs AC coupled like the A30 Pro?
  11. L

Ah, duh, I should've read Amir's post once more before I replied. My bad! Incredible achievement with this amp John. It's definitely a day 1 buy for me.
  12. L

Amazing performance with unbalanced RCA input as well. Thanks for measuring it! If the balanced XLR in -> unbalanced 1/4" out dashboard measurements weren't suspect then I think it's worth keeping in the review for completeness.
  13. L

Interesting, the A90 also has differential output but doesn't show an increase in noise from XLR in -> 1/4" out. The L50 must have different approach/implementation to this, but is understandable given the form factor. At any rate, this thing looks like a winner!
  14. L

This looks incredible! The feature set looks identical to that of the A30Pro but at a more reasonable price. I was eyeing the A30Pro for a while now but I'm very tempted to buy this over it. Interesting about the increase in noise going from XLR in -> 1/4" out. I wonder what could be the cause...
Top Bottom