Recent content by kukocz

1. kukocz

Kef R Meta Series Release

I'm confused with your explanation. I terms of THD R3 is better that R7 in frequency region 90-110Hz. It is all in woofer area so in theory R7 should be better as the crossover point is lower (400 Hz vs 420Hz in R3). That means the woofer in R7 has less work but still it is a bit worse in THD...
  2. kukocz

WiiM Pro Streamer

It was one-day "deal" ;)
  3. kukocz

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

@amirm according to the spec E70 has selectable gain 2/4V and 2.5/5V - Have you got chance to measue SINAD with the latter setting?
  4. kukocz

Streamers recommendation

@Brandson you can try this: https://www.tindie.com/products/beni_skate/automatic-spdif-opticalrca-audio-switch/ I’m using it on daily basis and I found priority based switching very convenient. As a bonus it regenerates input signal very well: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29927
  5. kukocz

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

It is a pity that it doesn't show bitrate for internet radio... When it comes to stream details - it is visible for local files and Vtuner but not for the Spotify and TuneIn...
  6. kukocz

WiiM Mini Streamer

What display exactly are you using?
  7. kukocz

WiiM Mini Streamer

Same here. Point no 3. probably requires firmware update (I assume)
  8. kukocz

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Now when we compare it to Node 2i... Basically the same performance for the ~1/6th of the price.
  9. kukocz

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

If you're not using DL then 0dB is not an issue. Dirac Live perform correction with +10db of gain, therefore you need to keep DDRC-24 at -10dB to be sure it won't clip (there is no separate option for that). Personally, I decreased input levels for -10dB than I'm safe even with 0dB with Master...
  10. kukocz

WiiM Mini Streamer

WiiM is quite popular on other forums too. Everybody is waiting for you review @amirm ;). There is also ongoing discussion how sound become more open/spacious when used with linear power supply. If you have time, it would be very informative to see the influence (if any) of LPS vs ordinary wall...
  11. kukocz

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

What is your OLED display quality after some time? I’ve used 128x64 oled from dyimore in my project and noticed that pixels are “burned out” quite quickly… When you’re displaying only text or icons it looks like inconsistency in contrast. But when you draw white bitmap, then it’s horrible…
  12. kukocz

WiiM Mini Streamer

In THIS review you can see how exactly the internals look like (and how to open WiiM). Moreover there is the reference to FCC reports where you can find more interesting info like detailed internal photos :)
  13. kukocz

Using miniDSP 2 x 4 HD's usb port as output.

Node 2i <=optical=> minidsp HD <=USB=> raspberry pi zero 2/3B/4 with camilladsp <=USB=> Gustard X16 <=RCA/XLR=> preamp
  14. kukocz

Directiva r1 speaker build

I one have appropriate tool and could prepare a .dwg project - then in some cases it could be even cheaper to cut all pieces by local professional...:rolleyes:
  15. kukocz

Tannoy Revolution XT 6 Speaker Review

According to THIS review XT 8F's have 2.9 ohm at 100Hz. Bass region is much more power hungry therefore I would rather use 4ohm setting. I also have these Tannoys and they are really nice speakers. I would like to see the ASR measurements of these as their bookshelf version didn't do very well...
Top Bottom