Recent content by KT88

1. K

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Driving a pair of Magico A3s, very happy with it. Sounds clean and in control if the speaker, no lack of detail at low volume, no lack of power at high volume.
  2. K

Upgrading the RC on X3800H - opinions/comparison of available options?

Judging from the prices of the different options/upgrades, adding full BW over limited 500Hz is almost the same price as going full BW to begin with. Similarly, adding DLBC at a later stage is marginally more expensive than getting it with the base license to begin with. If ART license will...
  3. K

Interesting, thanks for the pointer. I did see different information in the past, glad to see it’s going to be available after all.
  4. K

I think you will enjoy it, and will find its worth the cost, at least based on my limited experience with it so far. Honestly, the promise for Dirac support was one of the reasons I bought the X3800H right when it launched. Otherwise I would have gone for the X3700 which I could have gotten for...
  5. K

I'd like to bump this with a small update, in case anyone is having similar thoughts with these receivers. I've ended up not taking advantage of the black friday discounts on any of these, as I was under the impression none of them would really give me what I want and will just end up as being...
  6. K

Thanks for the inputs. I should note I already have a umik1 and use it with REW and Dirac Live on the miniDSP for the other system I have for 2ch, so thats not a con for my specific case. Also have both PC and Mac, so this is also not a show stopper. DLBC when available for the Denon would...
  7. K

In the spirit of the holiday season, with the current deals on both Dirac Live and MultiEQ-X, I’m once more considering my options and whether or not they are worth the effort. I have a Denon X3800H operating a 5.2 system (no plans for Atmos in the foreseeable future), which is used exclusively...
  8. K

advice on amplifier selection for stereo - looking currently at ncx500 variants

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a new stereo amplifier, and this time to go for one of the modern switching amplifiers which are getting such positive reviews. This will be driven from a miniDSP SHD, and will drive a pair of Magico A3 loudspeakers. These aren't exactly easy speakers to...
  9. K

1kHz Reference source

The measurements shown on that page are when its feeding an EMU 0404 USB directly, so I would not use these as the oscillator performance, but rather a measure of the EMU itself. When I've measured distortion via a notch the oscillator performance were far better than this (~140dB below the...
  10. K

1kHz Reference source

Accidentally came by this thread now. I have a similar 1KHz oscillator from Victor, I've created a small PCB with 5V input to power it. I've posted this a couple of years ago on my blog here: http://tolisdiy.com/2019/03/11/low-thd-oscillator-power-supply-and-pcbs-as-case-panels/ If this is of...
  11. K

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Thanks. Have tried that a couple of time, didn't seem to come back to life. Will give it another go with hope of better results.
  12. K

Did anyone else run into a problem with the unit just failing to power up/respond? I've had mine for a few weeks now, with 1.04 fw version, and working nicely. A few minutes ago it just went dark. No response, only a single dot on the display. Trying to turn it on it won't respond, this dot goes...
  13. K

bina998, this 15.5b is THD+N, where in this case its the N that is dominant, not the THD. Also, this takes into account BW of 90KHz, and not just the 20KHz you see in the figure, most of which is not audible. Would be interesting to see if there is something funny going on outside the 20KHz...
Top Bottom