Recent content by kolestonin

1. K

My first REW measurements(KEF R3 META)

I think it's my (difficult)room to blame and not the speakers. But your clearly negative comment on my curves is very interesting to me. As I understand you see something that is undoubtedly bad and I would be interested to know what is this and where I should focus my efforts to improve it...
  2. K

I gave a look and I would say that DDRC24 and Flex are my best options given they come with a Dirac module. And let's suppose that Flex would be my choice. My current chain is pc—> DAC —> preamp —>power amp Do I have the options to? a) keep all my current gear and insert the Flex in the...
  3. K

My enthusiasm of having discovered what eq can do backtracked a bit if not disappeared completely. This happened cause I did some A/B comparisons of Qobuz web player with Qobuz desktop application. And even with my best eq filters the difference in favor of the app is very big. So big, that it...
  4. K

I need to say I am a bit excited as I managed to create filters with rew, import and apply them to eq apo. So now I know every step of the process and I just need to become confident with it. And of course continue reading and watching videos so to overcome the struggling with the unlimited...
  5. K

I am giving it another try. 50-10db scale+var smoothing(it does not seem to be applied on average curve but it does not change no matter what I try)
  6. K

I got your logic since your previous posts:) And took the measurements with that in mind. I took measurements with curtains pulled and in place, doors open, doors closed, doors covered with blankets. Carefully labeled and saved in different labeled folders. I am in the process of analyzing this...
  7. K

Yes, measurements have been taken with Acoustic Timing Reference. I am reposting the graphs with correct(I hope) db scale. If still not readable, please guide me on how to apply the 50-100db spl cale.
  8. K

I had the time to make some thorough measurements. 1 at the main listening + 16 more around the main listening position. A total of 17 pair(L+R) measurements which I averaged. I hope one day I will be in grade to create some filters based on this average and import them to EQ Apo. The result...
  9. K

That was very informative and I will investigate all mentioned options. For the moment I would need some more basic advice as during the weekend I will have the time to make some more measurements. Take a nice bunch of measurements around the listening position and check the average, or...
  10. K

This is indeed what I did. I applied these PEQ settings on both of my subs via the SVS app and repeated the same exact measurements so to find out if they make any difference. But as you say there is no difference with my previous measurements. So this leads me to think that or I am doing...
  11. K

I am doing some experimentation while familiarizing my self with REW. I made again 3 measurements with attached parametric EQ settings. I don't see much of a difference. Not sure if I am doing it all wrong or if it is simply not efficient in my room. I want to try the auto eq rew feature as...
  12. K

I applied above suggested settings and performed 3 new measurements. Left, Right, and L+R, at the main listening position. Both subwoofers were on. I would like to have some feedback or any conclusions on my curves. We can tell there is a peak at 50hz? How can I try to tame it? Just as a first...
  13. K

Finally found the time to take some REW measurements. I made 3 measurements in the main listening position. Red=Left speaker only Green=Right speaker Blue=Both speakers Sharing only the screenshots. mdat files are available and can be uploaded if you think is necessary. I just wasn't to be...
  14. K

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I am noob and I am maybe entering in unknown territories so feel free to correct me. My understanding is that almost all DACs(there are a few with analogue volume controls but most don't have) require full volume in order to get the best out of them. Below maximum volume their ability to expose...
  15. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Topping E30 has better specs and I bet it also measures better. What I want to know is, and given that between decent DAC's the audible difference should be in-existent, if there are any benefits in having one device less in the chain. Meaning less connections, less cables etc., as my...
Top Bottom