Recent content by kmmk

1. K

Topping MX5, A new device?

I have a very similar setup: optical out of my LG NANO85 TV connected to optical in on my MX5, which is connected to my passive speakers. My TV is outputting PCM. I haven't had problems with dropout. Occasionally songs are cut off early when streaming Spotify highest quality, but that's a...
  2. K

Hi everyone, I bought the Topping MX5 right after @rbq commented, as my speakers are insensitive and are in a far-field setup. The unit arrived later that day, and I've been using it daily since then (one week). TL;DR: I really love the Topping MX5 so far, and the noise isn't an issue for me...
  3. K

Thanks for the update. I reached out to them as well on the 25th to ask when they thought a fix might be implemented, but I got no response at all. I wonder what they consider "a longer time". Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy it, since it seems some people haven't had an issue. I'm not...
  4. K

Hi all, is there any update on the high-frequency noise issue? cc @gr-e & @Murkas I ordered the Topping MX5 in December from Aoshida Hifi on Amazon Canada. Unfortunately they were unable to get units from Topping, and eventually contacted me on January 11th to request that I cancel my order...
Top Bottom