Recent content by KJF audio

1. K

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Noticed some folk above saying they were waiting for these amps to become available again, I still have a few in stock - https://kjfaudio.com/product-category/diy-audio/audio-components/hypex-amplifier-modules/amplifier-kits/ @amirm if that is to overtly advertising then please feel free to take...
  2. K

KJF Audio MA-01 Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Thanks for posting a photo of my house :( This is actually my registered business address, I have a small unit/warehouse close by where I keep all of my stock and do all of the amp and speaker builds.
  3. K

As Barrows said above, and also the NCx500 is not actually available yet. The actual amp power output circuits are very similar though.
  4. K

I hate to break up a good discussion, but I have just been informed that the current batch of amp kits that were due in late March will now be late April so people who are waiting or who have pre orders (with me or any other dealer) will have to wait a little longer unfortunately. Hypex were...
  5. K

KJF Audio MA-01 Review (Multi-channel Amplifier)

We thought about a USA partner either building or shipping but there are dozens of different configs so couldn't really find a way of doing it. That said most of the amps we sell are the the USA so it isn't prohibitive and only really ads a week or so to delivery.
  6. K

There are some more thing I want to answer, I promise to come back and do so, time is never on my side though. I am the UK Hypex distributor and the UK Mark audio distributor and between then both and the amp building I am a bit stacked. I will ge round to it. Any specific requests, I can be...
  7. K

Funnily enough I did ask JST the connector manufacturer about this but they have no plans. The connectors are the same as used on the hypex modules and it was important for ease of manufacturing the cables to be using the same connectors each end. In fact apart from screw and spring terminals...
  8. K

Thanks for these comments. It was really important to be able to use all the facilities for me. A no brainer really. I never actually mentioned that after power up sequence I keep the modules muted for an extra couple of seconds so there is no start up thump either :) I am afraid I am not...
  9. K

This is a very interesting finding for me. The modules are quite low gain but are rated at 26dB, I have typically found some at a shade over and some at a shade under. 25dB is the minimum rating, so at least it wasn't under that. It is worth noting though that I spoke to Hypex about this very...
  10. K

I'd like to answer a few of the above points but cannot work out for the life of me how to quote specific posts, can someone give me a heads up? Stefan
  11. K

Thanks for some of the comments on mains wiring, I'll take some of it on board. I agree the 2 pins sticking up live in this example isn't ideal. Normally they are not populated and if they are they have a 'dummy' plug over them. My bad. When I designed the PCB I wanted it to do some of the...
  12. K

Never seen one of those, I will get one, you can never have to many tools in my opinion. I've got a whole industrial unit and 3 sheds full of them :oops:
  13. K

I do really like the look of those. I looked at similar when I was doing the design work, I also looked at shielded versions. I even tested some. It didn't make any difference to measured performance though. In fact unless I laid an AC cable directly on the ribbons I couldn't get the signal to...
  14. K

Thanks for this tear down Amir, I wanted to try and answer some of the points and why I did what I did. Firstly it is always worth noting that there is always more that one way to skin a cat, some engineering decisions lead to necessary compromises and taking other decisions would always lead...
Top Bottom