Recent content by Kip

1. Kip

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

Do really expensive cables make as much difference as acoustic dots ?? :)
  2. Kip

Ferromagnetic materials in audio connectors

Has anyone presented an equation that defines effect of ferrous metals in audio ? I would like to add the frequency units in this formula are MHz
  3. Kip

Yes, even the skin effect. No purpose in discussing it without equational backdrop.
  4. Kip

It's the topical differences I am referring to. The scale of effect in RF frequencies versus human audible frequencies show a miss-application of theory. In very much the same way, audio characteristic are miss-applied to packet based digital communication.
  5. Kip

Is this more usage of electrical theory in Radio frequencies miss-applied to the human hearing spectrum ? Shouldn't any of this be discussed using known equations of electrical theory, namely the ones that include the considered frequency in them ? In my opinion this initiative has been also...
  6. Kip

GR Research Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade Review (speaker)

What if someone decides any ferrous metals in the entire system are bad ?? :)
  7. Kip

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

For A, considering the score doesn't omit understanding the charts. I have a 3.4 that I like better than a 4.9. I am ceartain the largest caveat impacting what I will like is the fact I am very happy under 70db. for B We are in the middle of an example where a manufacturer insists they...
  8. Kip

Along the same lines with the importance of independent reviews: I have a habit of looking at tonality on spinorama. I become disapointed when I see a ranking and the only test is from the manufacurer. I take it with a grain of salt and don't have confidence in any decision support. Am I...
  9. Kip

I have no reason to put weight on a self-test of any product without accompanying outside review. I think when a manufacturer refuses to trust outside independent review it undermines them severely.
  10. Kip

Nope, my Father is the apple guy, I am not. Sometimes I think they believe they invented binary. I just love the switch parodies.
  11. Kip

Zu Audio Dirty Weekend vs Tekton Lore Reference vs ELAC DBR62

I know I have loved my 590's I like their stage presentation more then Klipsch RP-8000f II
  12. Kip

I am afraid, as a consumer, my money is developing a severe allergy to bullying companies.
  13. Kip

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

How did you set your system with the 590 as such a tall center ?
  14. Kip

No I have one. It's a Sony STR-DH790 with LR JBL studio 590 and SVS ultra center. I did the test on my 2-channel rack because I have never encountered a situation where the correct settings on an AVR didn't allow comprehensive play of all channels despite the media sources designation. In...
  15. Kip

I'm confused. Where did I say my 2.0 was the only system I have access to. On the contrary. I ran the same available 5.1 test on BOTH systems.
Top Bottom