Recent content by kingofworms

1. kingofworms

Foobar second harmonic generation plugin

Note that the attenuation is constant at all settings (except for 'Off' which does not alter the signal).
  2. kingofworms

My intention was to check the audibility of second-order distortion on music, which already contains harmonics. The maximum setting (-12dB) corresponds to 25% THD which is insanely high in terms of "modern" equipment (DAC, preamp, amp, ...) performance. Currently, I do not have any decent...
  3. kingofworms

Okay, I clearly missed the fact that there is a plugin for Foobar which can load DST effects :-)
  4. kingofworms

I just wanted to offer an alternative for people who do not have the possibility to use VST plugins.
  5. kingofworms

Yes, I already found it before. It is much more sophisticated, but I wanted to do it real-time, without the need to prepare test files.
  6. kingofworms

To test the audibility of pure second-order distortion I have written a Foobar plugin which simulates a quadratic transfer function. On the configuration dialog of the plugin, you can set the desired level of the second harmonic in 24 steps between -150dB and -12dB and also turn it off...
Top Bottom