Recent content by Kijanki

1. K

How To Become an Audiophile

The question was how to become an audiophile and not how to assemble one good audio system. In order to become an "audiophile" you need to develop two syndromes: GS and GAS GS is Gardener's Syndrome - a constant need of repotting and trimming GAS is Gear Acquire Syndrome - a constant need to buy...
  2. K

drinking destiller water

FDA Mandates Poison Warning for All Fluoride Toothpastes Due to the risk of severe poisoning posed by ingestion of fluoride toothpastes, the Food & Drug Administration now requires that all fluoride toothpastes sold in the United States carry the following poison warning: “WARNING: Keep out of...
  3. K

drinking destiller water

"Same as" was intendent not as chemical toxicity but rather as the harm it can do. Sodium Fluoride behaves pretty much like neurotoxin that affects brain and also accumulates in the body. I use RO to filter it out because I don't want to drink diluted rat poison (Sodium Fluoride was used as...
  4. K

Audiophoolery humour thread

Do not, I repeat, do not plug your system into "Clapper" - it does not work well (wasted money) :)
  5. K

drinking destiller water

RO systems, like mine remove minerals completely. TDS of my water before RO is in order of 150 and after RO drops to about 4. Last time I tested my blood mineral panel everything was fine with Calcium being a little bit too high. Home RO systems remove about 95-98% of Calcium and about 93% of...
  6. K

drinking destiller water

I drink RO water for last 20 years with very little mineralization added and no negative side effects. The idea that water without minerals will leach them from your body is a little farfetched since most of minerals are absorbed from the food we eat and not from the water. My main reason for...
  7. K

1N4007 Diode Problem

Voltage and current capability can be tricky. Reverse votage across the diode can be twice the peak voltage (split winding with two diode rectifier) in this case 620V, but we need to go higher to account for overvoltage. I wouldn't go below 800V. Even with 4 diode Graetz bridge, where this...
  8. K

1N4007 Diode Problem

Peak will be at 1.41 of rms value, since Vrms=0.707Vp. For 220V sinewave it will be 310V
  9. K

Jriver MC29 to Airport Express via WiFi - is it possible without Airfoil?

Thank you - I will buy it. I believe it started working fine, after I unchecked "Open device with exclusive access" in Device Settings.
  10. K

Thank you. Somehow I was able to make it play, but from time to time it freezes when I stop playback. I wonder what is general opinion on Jriver stability? I never had any problems with Itunes/Music. Is there anything better for MAC that can use Itunes library folder?
  11. K

I currently use Itunes (Music) on the MAC (Monterey) with Airport Express via WiFi. It works fine, but user interface is a little bit clumsy. I downloaded demo of JRiver MC29, but cannot make it work with AE. I selected AE in Desktop top bar sound output selection and it appeared in Jriver...
  12. K

DAC straight to amp

I don't have sub in my setup, but I imagine you can connect active sub to DAC3B RCA outputs.
  13. K

Why is the term "warm" such a controversial subject?

A lot of people seek warm sounding gear. To them warmth is a virtue. To me it is distortion of sound especially when it comes in form of added even harmonics. Added even harmonics can sound great on voice or guitar but can also screw-up sound of other instruments. There are two separate...
  14. K

There is no way these speakers are really 81db and 4ohms..right?

It is 81dB related to 2W, since it is 2.83V/4ohm - equivalent to only 78dB 2.83V8ohm speaker.
  15. K

DAC straight to amp

DAC3 has the same output.
Top Bottom