Recent content by KEW

1. K

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

So, if the power supply is a weak link, can someone suggest a good replacement that offers more confidence in safety (and maybe a little more performance as well)? It would make sense for it to be a high-value option (ie, not twice the cost of the amp unit). Is there a trusted company that makes...
  2. K

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Good call, I suspect you'll find either does a fine job. I would recommend adding a sub when funds allow ... both from the perspective of filling out the bass and unloading the demand from the 4" drivers. However, the stock Pioneer is probably the best sound available at the price and the same...
  3. K

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Skinnyq, Tim provides good information, but I worry that you will miss out on your "audio joy" over concerns about his post. Don't let the "50 watt limit" statement scare you too much! Some things to help you understand where I am coming from: The relationship between volume and Sound Pressure...
  4. K

Canton Plus GXL.3 Review (speaker)

Anyone want to speculate? Off the top of my head, I might guess the largest speaker makers (aside from Canton) from Europe are: Focal KEF Wharfdale Elac B&W I included companies from the UK, but it seems the question of whether they are included as part of Europe depends on who you ask, LOL!
  5. K

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

This seems like a good combo for a modest, but capable 2.1 or 2.2 system since the XLS1502 has the ability to highpass the mains and any typical sub includes the ability to lowpass the subs.
  6. K

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

Would be nice if they offered it both ways and let the buyer decide ... or a "limited edition" option to see how it sells!
  7. K

Crown xls-2502

Is shipping included? I'm not in the market, just think you'd want to mention it.
  8. K

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

The Denon AVR-X3600H is currently going for $800...
  9. K

Thank you so much for verifying this! I understand the theory and it made sense to me, but I have been around long enough to know that the theory doesn't always work out (most often due to some additional factor which was overlooked), so I am always a little worried when I make such a...
  10. K

I don't follow your convention for specifying the temperature! What does the 122" in the first line above represent? I don't know if it applies to this unit, but on some units, it is widely believed that the fan is provided solely for the purpose of meeting the RMS power specification. IOW, it...
  11. K

My contention is that this unit was designed (from a cooling standpoint) to be oriented as shown in the photo below (even though Yamaha offers no mention of this that I saw) : Could you be so kind as to take a thermal image of the unit after it has been operating in this position with...
  12. K

Niles SI-2150 Class D Amplifier Teardown

I took photos of the inside of the Niles SI-2100 for comparison purposes. They seem to have a lot in common:
  13. K

Niles SI-2150 Class D Amplifier Review

@amirm , you don't happen to have a rogue crosstalk measurement hiding out on your computer do you?:)
  14. K

Also, be aware that the Teacs can run pretty deep (despite the smaller face). My DR-H300 is a little over 14" deep and that makes it close to 16" required if you use banana plugs and clearance for the IEC (power) plug! Of course it all depends where he needs the compact dimensions!
  15. K

Niles SI-2150 Class D Amplifier Review

Just wanting to make sure! You realize that that is not the same model. right? I ask because the numbers are close and the difference between SI-2150 and SI-250 might not catch your eye if you are not focusing on the number, they look identical, and I'm not sure why you would expect @amirm to...
Top Bottom