Recent content by keenly

1. K

LG TV HDMI ports busted, any reliable alternatives?

My TV has 5, not 3. I have tried this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PMGBVV8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 No beuno I am afraid. There is no RGB on my TV. Cheers
  2. K

42' LG 7 years old. I have it working via HDMI to scart adaptor. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SZKNDJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Picture is not quite as clear, and a bit dark.
  3. K

I have HDMI from AVR to TV for picture.
  4. K

I was wondering about alternatives to bypass HDMI.
  5. K

I have done all that, reset to factory etc. I was wondering about alternatives to HDMI.
  6. K

Sorry if this is in wrong place, but I need some help. I have a 6 year old LG TV. The HDMI ports have all stopped working. I use Marantz SR8012 HDMI output to TV(monitor 1), So it is for screen only. Anything else I can do?
  7. K

Spatial Audio -- warning from a producer/engineer

For surround I mean. Tidal, Apple, Amazon, I do not like any of them but use them all. Soon a few coporations, and the people behind them will literally own most of the world. ''In 2020, the non-profit American Economic Liberties Project issued a report highlighting the fact that "the 'Big...
  8. K

Mainstream= corporate= Hell no for me. It is already bad enough Apple have cornered the market on streaming. I like to support artists direct, like buying the llego Virbason Atmos blu ray straight from them. Jake from the band sent it to me himself. I prefer that.
  9. K

Atmos/DTS:X height channel physical placement in an old house...

Yes I have SVS elevation upside down scrweed into make shift ikea cd racks. You can create a shelf off the wall and put speakers under it. A shelf of a wardobe or whatever. No need for putting them into actual ceiling.
  10. K

Screw the mainstream. Most people are morons, why care about them?
  11. K

There is not really such a thing as spatial audio. Apple have created nothing. There is Quad 5.1 7.1 Atmos DTS X Auro 3D Auro is best due to the availability of WAV encoded files at 24/96khz. I listen to Atmos and AURO via atmos speaker set up. Great.
  12. K

Atmos can be DL as MKV, MP4 or M2ts.
Top Bottom