Recent content by keenly

1. K

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

I think the atmos is very poor. Big disappointment. Rears not used at all and not much discrete overhead. A bit bright too.
  2. K

Is REL being more 'musical' than SVS a myth, or is there some real science behind this?

I used 40hz as an example because some would argue most subs sound the same from 40-120hz.
  3. K

Is REL being more 'musical' than SVS a myth, or is there some real science behind this?

Give an example of 2 subs that sounds different when playing 40hz?
  4. K

Subwoofer Comparison

I need a sub or 2 to replace Rel ti9. UK. I want to go deep for £1200 max each sub.
  5. K

Advice on absorption panels for amateur recording “studio”

£1000 will do nothing, you need to treat all 6 surfaces ideally. I am aiming to treat most of 5(walls and ceiling) and am in £9000 thus far.
  6. K

Left side of room vs MLP. Conundrum on how to rectify?

Measurement was with just 1, but I have 2 Rel t/i 9s. Do you place your subs same distance from mlp?
  7. K

I can get close to that? My other sub can go on front wall, close to center.
  8. K

Yep desk is 60cm in front of 10cm radiator, so 70cm from wall, but one measurement was about 50cm from wall. I am standing at desk right now on laptop, and listen to music here, but some stuff is unbearable in the low end.
  9. K

Room is actually 16.6ft from bathroom door(left) to middle of french doors(right), and 15.2 length.
  10. K

Huge peaks on the left side of my room around desk area, where I do like to listen sometimes. MLP is not bad. 1 sub on right side of room. No smoothing or EQ. How do I EQ this? MLP has dips where as a few feet to left has huge peaks?
  11. K

Can huge 10-16db peaks at 34-40hz be tamed with minidsp?

Nice! Everywhere I move in the room this peak is present. I need to tame the peak, it is bad, and bad everywhere! I have tried subwoofer in 6 locations and played around with REW room sim. I also have a sh*t ton of absorption. Some music has kick drums that literally sound like godzilla feet...
  12. K

Poll: Speakers closer to which wall(s)?

Bloody heck I would kill for that! LOL.
Top Bottom