Recent content by KankRat

1. K

Pics you’ve taken,

Crab Spider by Mark Kasick, on Flickr
  2. K

Smartphones will kill off DSLR's soon/

It would take a miracle not luck. Great shots. And it's probably cheaper. Pretty cool. When I get my next phone I'll probably get it depending on the price. Would be fun to play with. Still think ILC with competent photographer and photo editing skills - way better for anything but snapshots.
  3. K

The manual control would be over shutter speed and ISO, I guess?
  4. K

I will be more specific next time. A variable aperture.
  5. K

Do phones actually have an aperture?
  6. K

Exactly. Kit lenses too have limitations, but overall they are really good. Most people I know are totally clueless that the phone they spent a grand on actually has modes like portrait, panorama etc. You don't even have to go thru a menu, just swipe on an iPhone. The editing software is...
  7. K

Yes. They just came out with a spanky new top of the line camera. To my knowledge Yashica went belly up in in the 2000s, Minolta and Rollei never even made a digital camera, frankly not sure about Yashica. Possible the Minolta mount was sold to Sony? Rollei is apparently making lenses for...
  8. K

It is true, DSLRs probably are going away, to be replaced by mirrorless cameras. https://petapixel.com/2022/05/26/nikon-plans-to-basically-abandon-dslrs-by-2025/ Off the top of my head the major manufacturers of cameras Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Fujifilm and Leica...
  9. K

headline of the article: Smartphones will kill off the DSLR within three years says Sony what the Sony guy actually said: "we expect that still images [from smartphones] will exceed the image quality of single-lens reflex cameras within the next few years". "still images are expected to exceed...
  10. K

Pentax is still in business.
  11. K

An update as of last year.
  12. K

The original file? RAW out of my D7200, very little to no crop and the ISO was pretty low. To be honest I don't know how it might have looked without the super resolution. I had no idea how big they were going to get printed. I think we could have easily made them bigger.
  13. K

I did these using that Adobe Super Resolution they got in Lightroom. They look pretty awesome in person.
  14. K

They have that portrait mode, which is pretty cool. My son has it on his Pixel. It's doesn't always work right, but when it does it's pretty neat. I would think if there is anything a smartphone should excel at, it's macro because of the DOF.
  15. K

Yeah. Look how many $1000 phones apple and the others sell, compared to camera companies. Cellphones are pretty much disposable too. Battery conks out and you buy a new one.
Top Bottom