Recent content by kairos

1. kairos

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Anyone can advise me about which PCM/DSD filters are most preferred and why?
  2. kairos

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Yes that is why I bought the Topping D90SE as a "control" DAC to evaluate all my other DACS. I agree with the general principle that DACS should measure well especially with respect to noise floor approaching 22-24 bits now, but measurements DON"T explain differences in tone, soundstage and...
  3. kairos

Apologize if I came across as bragging about the size of my wallet, just meant to communicate that the system I am using is capable.
  4. kairos

It is the best I can do as I don't have time or patience to do better, not because of bad faith.
  5. kairos

The ASR folk don't joke with regards to break-in or other audiophile shibboleths, they don't believe it exists because it does not show up in time-differentiated a/b measurements apparently. BTW I have this Musetec DAC lol as well as a Terminator II and Lumin P1 and just bought a Topping D90SE...
  6. kairos

B&W 804 D4 review and measurements by Stereophile

I own the D4s, upgraded from the D3s about 4-5 months ago. System: Furutech, Audioquest and Transparent cabling (I like to mix and match cables from different brands) Puritan power conditioner/grounding Melco/Ferrum switch/LPS using fiber optic Lumin P1 streamer/DAC Denafrips Terminator 2...
  7. kairos

Please help me choose a Dac

Not clever, there several typos in my post lol, I am just poking fun at you guys here. But as an aside, many guys who make DACS for a living have said multiple times that measurements measure what they know how to measure. Why is it so hard to believe that just maybe measurements don't capture...
  8. kairos

Please help me choose a Dac

Weird that most of the DACS with great SINAD numbers are consistently listened to and rejected by most folks outside of the ASR orbit for poor sound quality even though they cost less. The rationale if you can call it that is that there is a conspiracy amongst well-heeled audiophiles to not like...
  9. kairos

I am very sure the bean counters at B&W are busily screaming at the engineers and shitting their pants now they have been exposed here at ASR for the incompetent charlatans they are lol.
  10. kairos

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

audiophile target ready for ridicule here, have at it boys!
  11. kairos

So the consensus on this site is if a dude likes the way a speaker sounds despite some aspects of its measurements being poor he must be an old dolt, lol. Fair enough, it could possibly be true in my case, but doubt that could be said of Atkinson. Further, if the dude suggests that a speaker is...
  12. kairos

I bought these speakers just recently after having owned the previous D3 generation for several years. I bought them after 4 hours of auditioning them at my dealer using 3 different integrateds and a Lumin X1 as source, one of the amps being my trusty CODA CSib, the other 2 amps being a Gryphon...
  13. kairos

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Matrix also makes an Element M that sports the Sabre 9028, and less capable pre-amp function, but is $1200 less. Not sure what other compromises they made to get it into that price point, but if it measures as well as the X, I would be willing to buy it (can't afford the X, sadly). I might even...
  14. kairos

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Hello, first post on the site, would like to say thanks to Amirm for his diligent work, have learned a lot from reading his reviews. I am a PS Audio customer, I own the Directstream Jr., which is based on the same architecture/topology but with a cheaper power supply. I sent Paul's team at PS...
Top Bottom