Recent content by Jumpwire

1. Jumpwire

2019 CES Asia ---SMSL will bring new product there

Awesome thank you. One of the first people to give us insight into the new DAC. Cheers. Seperate DSD filters and Audio Phase look interesting. Also looks like they sourced a better display. Does the color change on different viewing angles -- the black get lighter?
  2. Jumpwire

Any chance you could take some pics of the menu's and display? Does it have any coloration filters (ie warm, crystal, tube)? Does the volume indicator (large numbers) get smaller? Can it change any of display settings? How does it look when you play an MQA title from Tidal? Curious thanks!
  3. Jumpwire

Let me explain why i think it does. This my subjective opinion, and is not to dissuade you. SMSL decided to reuse the rotary dial from a much cheaper DAC. The 90-2000's shiny asthetic much better suits its 200$ counterpart. Can use the same picture to also comment and ask SMSL why the company...
  4. Jumpwire

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

If SMSL wants to compete with Topping it needs to step it up. Hire a native english speaking person to run SM/PR/CS. Mandy seems busy with sales. Can't just throw a product out there with the same price and expect people to cartwheel their way over to your company.
  5. Jumpwire

Topping enclosure looks 10x better. SMSL still looking like chi-fi. Not that I wouldn't rock one, just an observation.
  6. Jumpwire

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Awesome mod. Looks like it was oem.
  7. Jumpwire

Man DAC's are like my addiction. Had to force myself from buying a M400. Having a M500, I don't think there will be any sonic differences. Unless someone does a comprehensive blind A\B listening test, sound signature evaluations of DAC's are utterly subjective. Wish the M500 wasn't brick shaped...
  8. Jumpwire

Industrial design ain't SMSL's strong point.
  9. Jumpwire

Talk me out the Sony MDR-Z1R's

Unfortunately not. Also getting allot of mixed responses on other forums. Potentially looking looking at some used IER-Z1R's, I know its an IEM but it might get me closer to that TOTL sound signature for a little bit more. Good to know. Another check mark for overpriced.
  10. Jumpwire

Talk me out the Sony MDR-Z1R's

Looking to upgrade my THX-00 PurpleHearts. Enjoy the sub bass tremendously. I'm currently running a THX789 with a Pro-Ject S2 Digital with a LPS connected to a Schiit Loki. Listening Preferences: -Hip-Hop -Dance/Electronic -Alternative -Pop Have been eyeing a used pair of Sony's MDR-Z1R's...
  11. Jumpwire

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Plug 'er in once things calm down. Would be interesting to know.
  12. Jumpwire

The $799 MQA version was never offered at any discount. Noticed that last night. Too bad. 5% discount is like 40$, a joke. If they actually tried and marked it down 20% for the first few units, I would bite.
  13. Jumpwire

799$ to compete with the D90. Makes sense. Too bad, will have to pick one up used a few years down the road. USD to CAD kills it completely.
  14. Jumpwire

Please make this reasonably priced-- $500 would be the sweet spot. You will sell allot of them, might be your next hit product with these numbers. Nevertheless, I just cancelled my order for the M500 and will be waiting to preorder the M400. Case of perfect timing.
Top Bottom