Recent content by juliangst

1. juliangst

SMSL A50 Pro 3-channel amp

What's really the point of the powered subwoofer out? I don't know of any affordable passive non-DIY sub that's also fine with just 100W of power. Two RCA sub outs with independent delay settings would be better
  2. juliangst

New Magico M7 speakers

Perlisten S7t with subs to name one that has similar aesthetics
  3. juliangst

New Magico M7 speakers

Are there any disadvantages of using a compression driver with a waveguide instead of a normal dome tweeter? With cost no object speakers like the magico I would want them to have no limitation whatsoever. Even though the treble is a lot lower in level than the bass and mids with all music, it...
  4. juliangst

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Because they can sell 200€ metal joints to rich audiophiles this way
  5. juliangst

It's interesting that KEF promotes this stack in a setup with the KEF Blade Meta. I would rather expect seeing their Reference Subs next to the Blades but maybe I'm just interpreting too much into that CGI picture.
  6. juliangst

Looks like KEF is now going the REL route: https://us.kef.com/products/ksk92-subwoofer-stacking-kit
  7. juliangst

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

I think DBAs and SBAs are mostly a german/austrian phenomenon. I have never seen anyone outside the german speaking community implementing a bass array (before Trinnov waveforming made it more popular). So only having LFE on one subwoofer is indeed problematic for most users that just use 2-4...
  8. juliangst

This issue definitely seems to be real. It’s discussed more extensively on this German forum: https://www.heimkinoverein.de/forum/thread/23494-dirac-art-active-room-treatment/?pageNo=13 (Google translate should do the trick)
  9. juliangst

‚issue’ sounds a bit extreme but it’s odd that ART only sends LFE to one sub while Bass Control and every other room correction software sends it to all subs
  10. juliangst

There are probably some tricks you could do with Storn Audio‘s extensive bass management to get LFE playing on all subs but for normal AVRs and AVPs they should really address this issue
  11. juliangst

Yeah, in normal AVRs (without a setting that sends LFE to mains) the LFE signal is only sent to subwoofers. But this doesn't explain why with ART the LFE signal only get sent to one subwoofer and not all of them. But I'm also unsure if there would even be a significant difference between "4...
  12. juliangst

I wonder about this myself too. Some people here and also people on a german home theatre forum said that with subs in your system only one sub is getting LFE. This sub can get support from other speakers and subs but the LFE signal only plays through that one sub.
  13. juliangst

For multisub setups passive subwoofers might also be a good option because you dont need to run power everywhere and don't need long RCAs that could pick up noise. The B&W SW10, SW12 and SW15 look like decent options.
  14. juliangst

Anecdotal claims like 'not being good for music' or not being 'fast' are as unscientific as it gets. The only thing that could be related to 'speed' is the group delay which is higher on the SVS but should still be inaudible. The Arendal 1961 1s is a lot better in that regard and still half the...
  15. juliangst

They were both tested at their highest output setting.
Top Bottom