Recent content by Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

1. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

balanced mode radiator (BMR) speakers

They make 3.5in models with the same principle, the point is that the size doesn't matter.
  2. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Auribus Acoustics Sierra Graph

Hi, the idea here was mainly a good, natural sound. Max SPL beyond safe human hearing limits was not a goal of this project.
  3. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

I found excess in that region to cause issues with balancing vocal presence, especially with female vocals. Though, I'm sure plenty of people might enjoy that. My intention here was mainly to show a comparison tool with other high end headphones (Utopia, Aeon, etc) rather than simply showing...
  4. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

It's a little on the warmer side. Not sure how well the results here convert to what users hear, however I received no feedback last Canjam (or otherwise) regarding a lack of 3khz, my guess is that it's still within most users preference bounds.
  5. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

5128 graph of a prototype headphone I'm building. https://listener800.github.io/5128?share=Custom_Tilt,Sierra&bass=0&tilt=-1&treble=0&ear=0
  6. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

MEMS designs

They have an array of those for loudspeakers, it works fairly well. There's a new version of that driver with something like twice the output so maybe that'll be more capable. The Oni driver array can output a decent amount down to 20hz. With DSP it's pretty easy actually.
  7. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

JVC HA-SZ1000 Review (Headphone)

Orange is stock FR, blue is my EQ (GRAS43ag knockoff rig). Mine has some brainwavz velour pads but same issues at 1.7khz. Definitely capable of some insane bass eq without clipping (the main reason for its existence) however the 1.5k range has a horrid phase cancellation of some kind and that...
  8. Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Now this is something I need to try for myself. Incredible!
Top Bottom