Recent content by jsheard

1. J

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

I see the EX5 is currently fulfilled by SHENZHENAUDIO directly when ordered from Amazon Will it be distributed to Amazon warehouses in the future, so Amazon can handle fulfilment/returns locally?
  2. J

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

It can't do fixed-line/variable-headphone by the nature of how it's designed, since the volume control is done digitally inside the DAC. The volume control would have to be seperated out into its own stage between the line-out and headphone-out to get that functionality.
  3. J

That's weird, I also got mine from Aoshida on 11/11 and they declared the value as $30 without me asking them to.
  4. J

I think Audiophonics in France is the only non-Chinese vendor stocking it at the moment. They do ship internationally but it'll probably be more expensive than buying from Aliexpress...
  5. J

It depends on how loud you listen of course, but personally I use HD650s (6XX is basically the same thing) with the DX3 and low gain is plenty powerful enough.
  6. J

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB28.28 DAC and Headphone Amp

What qualifies as a "professional instrument" for that policy? If the customer is expected to use a $20,000 AP analyser to prove their unit isn't up to spec then the number of people who could possibly take advantage of that policy is probably in the low single digits...
  7. J

My DX3 just arrived, it's kind of hilarious how small this thing is compared to the Audio-GD head-fi meme amp I had before. First impressions are good - sounds clean and has plenty of power :)
  8. J

Topping has released firmware updates for the D10, D50 and DX7 before, so I think it's safe to assume that the DX3 is designed to be updatable.
  9. J

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

IIRC the Modi Multibit is a stripped down version of the Bifrost Multibit, which Amir already tested. It wasn't pretty. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
  10. J

I don't know of any. There's plenty of standalone bluetooth transmitters on the market though, which you could feed from the line-out or digital-out of a dac/amp if you wanted to.
  11. J

I was looking at the PCB and noticed it's labeled DX3/DX3pro, implying they planned a non-pro variant based on the same board. What might the difference be in a non-pro version?
  12. J

Review and Measurements of Schiit Jotunheim and iFi iDSD Black Label DACs and Headphone Amps

It shouldn't break anything, the forums don't actually care if the title embedded in the URL is correct: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/this-link-is-wrong-but-still-works.3717/ The title is just there for humans benefit, the number at the end of the URL is the...
Top Bottom