Recent content by Jprime84

1. J

Looking for small powered subs with a signal pass through output

Anything to compare an Edifier T5 to? I am running passive speakers, an amp, and a headphones amp/preamp at my desk. Only one output on the preamp (other than the headphones out) so to incorporate a sub I need something that can take a preamp output, do its thing, but also pass the original...
  2. J

Neumi Silk 4 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Amateur new owner here of these. Running through a new Schiit Magni Unity +DAC as the preamp, and the Schiit Gjallarhorn amp at my PC. I can drive these as hard as I would realistically listen without headphones and they sound great. For this application, I daresay you don't need the sub...
  3. J

Flat gain vs volume in headphones amp?

Gotcha so in a more complex system if you had one component with particularly bad characteristics, you would want it to get whatever its purpose was done with minimal amplification at that stage, and do your primary amplification later down the line.
  4. J

Flat gain vs volume in headphones amp?

I am enjoying newly acquired Hifiman Sundara headphones with my also newly acquired Schiit Magni Unity. This is the new model with a built-in DAC. The Magni Unity offers a 3 stage gain switch on the front: +15dB 0dB -10dB On the Sundara, I can use them at full volume on the 0dB gain setting...
  5. J

Room measured, how best to proceed with EQ?

Always gotta maintain board approvals!
  6. J

I made line graphs with REW for the first time. Can I get a sanity check and/or some guidance on speaker choice or EQ settings for the room?

So I tried another few runs on the Sony SS-B1000 with the mic filter toggled the other way on the device. I did like 6 measurements and had it average them. Seems flatter? Edit: replaced image because I still had my headphones EQ set - oops!
  7. J

I made line graphs with REW for the first time. Can I get a sanity check and/or some guidance on speaker choice or EQ settings for the room?

Desktop PC so no built in mic. I can totally believe that the mic in question is just not suitable to the job. Would the Dayton Audio EMM-6 work? I am assuming the mic is doing something. I had it silent as I could for the sweeps and mic on a tripod. Could it be that the mic itself is...
  8. J

Lurked here for a bit and have used the vast knowledge and resources here on some recent purchases (although thats not what I have attempted to test here). Taking a stab at some first hand learning, and hoping someone can help shed light on what I have so far. Setup Home Office - large rug...
Top Bottom