Recent content by jools

1. J

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

I'm sorry but that was about where I baled.
  2. J

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

At around the 2 minute point in the Guttenberg interview, Alexander stresses a distinction between Tekton speakers and audiophile speakers. That could explain a LOT
  3. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

If an infinite number of monkeys had an infinite number of routers and saws, some of them would make speakers and some of those would be sublime.
  4. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Wait... is Eric talking about Amir or about... Eric?
  5. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I just knew that Erin and Amir using cheapo mains cables for their Klippels, and not even having any cable risers, was only ever going to end in tears. How could they hope to measure the magic? (JOKE)
  6. J

Newbie audio-lover here!

I agree - I had to start from scratch with a very low budget and bought some cheap speakers, a very cheap chinese chip amp and a ridiculously cheap DAC (check out the review ...https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/worlds-cheapest-dac-review.16594/). It was NOT great but it...
  7. J

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

It seems like I'm far from the only one to have a dud switch - which perhaps suggests that an exact replacement might not be the best - but once I swapped the switch and had the original out I could see that it was made by Lanboo. There no marked part number but they have a store on Aliexpress...
  8. J

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

Not sure if this is the right place and I'm sad to post this but... The power button on my Audiophonics MPA-S250NC died. I contacted Audiophonics who pointed out that it was out of warranty (quite true, it is 3 years old). I asked if they could supply the part as I was fine with replacing it...
  9. J

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

I think what people have a problem with is, to use your example, a 'luxury car' that costs 10 times more than the Corolla, is sold as super high performance and offers no more, or even less, than the Toyota.
  10. J

Benchmark AHB2 mono-blocks > Sell one and buy Bicycle?

I don't want to tempt fate but I ride mostly on road and, so far, my only serious injury was mountain biking - busted hip and damage to diaphragm which lead to Barrett's, emphesyma and, possibly, a heart condition. But at least I did all that to myself and don't have to be resentful to anyone...
  11. J

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I've got no chance reading tiny writing so I pick mine up with the cable coming out forwards. Then the side the nozzle is on tells me which way to go.
  12. J

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Haha... the prices are so low that most of us seem to have tried several of them. I came home to find a pair of Truthear Hola this evening. It'll be interesting to compare them with the zeros (both types) but they're at work. For now they sound good and the cable is impressive given that they're...
  13. J

This audiophile-sprout needs a reality check and DAC and AMP recommendations

Any DAC in the excellent category on the big list (the blues) or probably any of the greens will sound the same. All that matters are features and styling. I have DX3 Pro+ and it's been great for me. But my next step is EQ for room correction. When this comes up a lot of people comment on how...
  14. J

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Yes - well than the Blue but I think they're the same. But they are more comfortable because the nozzle diameter and angle fit my ears better. Others may have ears more in line with the Truthears.
  15. J

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

You can throw out the drivers that don't make the spec... or you can put them in some earbuds where no-one cares how they sound.
Top Bottom