Recent content by Jonne Haven

1. Jonne Haven

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Wow! Ok I think I'm getting the picture more clearly now. Seems to be a bit of an external soundcard/effects combo with great amplifying capability as well. Almost a mini sound computer machine all in a little package...hence the price tag. Thank you for your input...I can see why it is...
  2. Jonne Haven

Thank you for that answer, What is the built in loudness feature? And what does it do?...compression or something? (i'm clueless) Blessings, -J
  3. Jonne Haven

This may be a stupid question and I'm not an by any means an expert of measurements that Amir does on headphone amps, but why is this DAC/Amp a $1300 purchase vs. a Topping A30Pro at $250 when the Topping has better S/N ratio and rated above the RME in other areas as well? I'm not challenging...
  4. Jonne Haven

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

@Robbo99999, You are right, I shouldn't have phrased what I said the way I did "so you can hear exactly what I hear". That statement was misleading if taken literally. I am aware that Audeze's infamous unit variation makes it virtually impossible to represent exactly an EQ from one unit to...
  5. Jonne Haven

@Blorg, You are right in that I cannot expect my EQ to sound the same on others LCD-X's particularly because of Audeze's infamous unit variation. In that I agree with you. But I'd rather share, then not share and possibly deprive just one person of some added listening pleasure or the...
  6. Jonne Haven

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 03-05-23 For A Refined EQ I'm proud to present nearly 3 months work in what is arguably my best EQ for LCD-X ever! It's been a while since my last revision (which to me, I admit, I was a little disappointed with) so I spent extra time with this one to make sure that I...
  7. Jonne Haven

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revisions 12-04-22 I'll be posting 2 EQs this time for the LCD-X 2021 for the reasons that one (I'll called the "Harman Perfect") I find beautiful on 95% of songs but too sharp on the 5% of songs that are mastered distastefully. The other (I'll call "Harman Truncated") is more of...
  8. Jonne Haven

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

LCD-XC 2021 EQ Revision 12-03-22 This EQ Revision most religiously respects the Harman Target Curve 2018 from the frequencies 900Hz - 8000Hz. I did not just follow the Curve blindly, it was just after a lot of experimentation and trial and error that I discovered that there is just 'SOMETHING'...
  9. Jonne Haven

Audeze MM-500

1500 dollars? New? Where?
  10. Jonne Haven

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 10-08-22 For Lovers Of Sub Bass, Punch, And Slam This time around I had the great benefit of being able to measure my EQ results in REW (Thank you @staticV3!) with @oratory1990's most excellent measurements as you can see in this EQ applied graph overlayed with the Harman...
  11. Jonne Haven

Most excellent!!! Thank you so much, @staticV3! And don't worry about the "clerical" error, I do it all the time. But it is amazing what a simple + or - might do to a curve. I've posted my EQ in a few forums so I'm glad I don't have to redact anything or what's even worse, have to retrain my...
  12. Jonne Haven

Thanks for your help so far @staticV3! I had some trouble downloading the .csv file from GitHub because I couldn't find a download link so I just copied and pasted the raw data into a text document and made the extension .csv. I would really like to be able to do what you did above (applying...
  13. Jonne Haven

Your graph says that the red curve is my EQ plus oratory's. What numbers of oratory's are you using? I'm interested in doing this kind of graphing myself. I have REW but I'm a noob at using it. Any help you could give me would be wonderful! Yeah, I'm not sure I totally understand how you...
  14. Jonne Haven

Yeah, I had no idea there was that drop at 700 to 1500 Hz. I may have to do something about that if that's accurate. And the treble is a personal taste sort of thing and I agree that it's not for everybody. That's why I offered those adjustable bands to taste in the highs. :) Thanks again...
Top Bottom