Recent content by jones

1. J

JBL SRX835P Reviewed (Powered Monitor)

It just struck me that we are dealing with aktive speakers. Maybe there are different firmware versions at play? For example, DBtechnologies recently has redone the tuning of the whole Vio Series. I can't find any changelogs for JBL firmware. Maybe sombody knows something here?
  2. J

Have I got the thing for you :) This is Amirs measurment vs the datasheet. Pretty close I would say :). The blip at ~150Hz is a resonance (cabinet height), which is heavily influenced by damping. I have almost the same problem and this could very well be tolerance between speakers. Smoothing...
  3. J

You could trace the graph in the JBL datasheet und compare it to the NFS. It is right there in Amirs post :) The JBL data should be good farfield data other than smooting. If it works for one axis, it should work for all axis, as the NFS is not directional. The speaker was also measured in the...
  4. J

It is not a Near Field System, it is a Near Field Scanner. This has nothing to do with your listening distance but rather with the measurment methode. The math behind this does not care how large the speaker is and it has been shown to works great. Klippel even advertises the system for large...
  5. J

It is one of my own builds. 3-Way design with Limmer 042 waveguide and 15" Woofer. I did not get into details here because I just wanted to make the point about the influence of the grill. I didn't just want to post some wiggly line graph without at least some rough reference.
  6. J

First of all: Thanks to @amirm for testing such systems. I would LOVE more such measurements. In Pro-Audio dispersion is arguably even more important than at home due to listeners being spread all over the place. Many manufacturers advertise with precise dispersion but many speakers sadly don't...
  7. J

Dante AVIO Review (streaming audio interfaces)

Interoperability is what Dante is all about. Having a huge network doesn't help if you can't integrate whatever you want. However problems may arise when there is additional Software that controls the device in question. Stageboxes for example may not be compatible because of proprietary gain...
  8. J

Dante AVIO Review (streaming audio interfaces)

The measurements done here are a disappointment at first but on the road that should be fine for noncritical applications. For me the most important thing with such devices is that the SNR ist high enough to not turn your PA into a noise generator. This seems to be fine here. The equivalent...
Top Bottom