Recent content by jomark911

1. J

Slew Rate

Ok guys point taken.
  2. J

Slew Rate

Hey Don , nice write up. But i have to ask , why some manufacturers during the 80's and 90's war of amps , were stating some numbers like 350v/us . Sure they wanted to advertise their super fast amps. Ok that is understood. But since the math type for slew rate exists from some decades back ...
  3. J

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Try the cinema equalizer. It turns down excesive treble , that audyssey some times puts on. This is what i use on my old AVP A1HD and it works. Also dynamic volume should be turned off , but not the dynamic eq.
  4. J

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Andysou , i also offer to relieve you from your 8500h burden . Is 1000$ enough for you? About cats. I love cats and dogs. I have two cats and a dog. Both are clever . Don't make your life out of it. We really don't care if you don't like people who don't like cats. From what i see , most...
  5. J

Suggestions. Pre or AVR

I don't think there will be a problem.
  6. J

Suggestions. Pre or AVR

The channels are running idle , either in pre amp mode , or when supposedly off. They just draw a min amount of current. It's not going to cost something on the sinad side . They never get shut down completely. I would go for AVC 8500 H yesterday. It's a fine AV with tremendous...
  7. J

8 outlet power strip for my audio setup

Trust the high end companys with the star connection. Ha ha , star connection my @ss. On 230 v ac. Are they serious. ?
  8. J

Chinese company TCL to own Pioneer and Onkyo Brands Outside Japan!

I don't know if the acquisition ever took place. Did it go through?
  9. J

How to Get People Flying on the 737 Max

Disregarding most of the above , I'm a certified CRM instructor ,examiner , for the last 10 years. If you don't like anything of my writing , be my guest and damp it.
  10. J

While trying to clear some things out as an airline pilot you find my opinions what? Assertive? hell yeah. It's what I do the last 30 years. I've given an insight knowledge and you find it assertive and accusatory. Well ok , this is your opinion also . BUT Airplanes don't fly by...
  11. J

@Timon VDB , obviously you are not an aviation professional. Nobody accused airbus on the common type ratings. All plane manufacturers are the same , years now. As far as low height and high height airplanes , it is completely irrelevant what you say. airbus A320, A321 , A330 , AND A340 they...
  12. J

I didn't know I was being so incorrect. However, in my defense I should note that you misinterpreted my inclusion of a photos of flattened-bottom nacelles on a 737-300 as depicting a problem with Max nacelles. My point was only that the 737 series had engine clearance challenges even before...
  13. J

On the last of all these statements. The switches that turn MCAS off are the stabilizer trim cut out switches. They are not separates for mcas . If those are off, stabilizer trim is not working either manually or through the auto pilot. So they could not be in the off position for take off...
  14. J

I would like to clear some things out if you don't mind. Center of gravity is one thing, center of lift is another. Center of pressure is also another. These centres Do not coincide on an airplane , either empty or full of load. Center of lift changes dynamically along the flight, or even in a...
Top Bottom