Recent content by JohnYang1997

1. JohnYang1997

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

If you bought E2X2, whether you experience any issue or not, welcome to my discord server. https://discord.com/invite/3UZGSffF This is semi official.
  2. JohnYang1997

What's been your experience with our customer service? In my mind it wouldn't be so different from SVS's you described.
  3. JohnYang1997

The procedure to save to a new workspace is to click save to new then type the name then press enter. Don't click on the "save" icon. Currently the sample rate on Windows and software are separate. In near future we will add a feature to sync the window sample rate to the one in the control center.
  4. JohnYang1997

The sample rate part is known. The sample rate shown on the control center will be set to default after reconnect. Once you use ASIO or have system audio playing anything the sample rate will be changed to the correct value. So if the sample rate in the audio properties is 192khz then the sample...
  5. JohnYang1997

This has not been reported by others before. Btw we are struggling to change the device settings in Windows by our software. This means we have not implemented anything like this in the software yet. I'm not sure how this could happen..
  6. JohnYang1997

Unmatched headphone amp, A-D performance, Mic pre in the price range. And the full functional control center with mixers and loopbacks. In fact the headphone amp is not shy even under 2000 dollars. The mic pre has the EIN near physical limit and is not shy of preamp at any price range if you...
  7. JohnYang1997

Measuring Microphone Preamp Perf in Audio Interfaces

-40dBV could work. But I prefer keeping the convention of using dBu. So -40dBu. But not too big deal. That's directly convertible by adding 2.2dB. -34dBV maybe slightly too high in level. At high gain is where the difference shows and when the noise becomes audible. MAX, -40dBV, -20dBV works...
  8. JohnYang1997

Yes and no? This topic is very complicated. Firstly this will pass our QC. But are we satisfied? No. However we have always have similar issues with other products. I am not sure how others do it, there are many things can contribute to this. None flat PCB mounting, none flat pot mounting, not...
  9. JohnYang1997

I'm not sure if max gain for Hi-z input is really meaningful. Max gain + Hi-z = Crazy noise. Input impedance for High-z is crucial. And I think the max voltage input before clipping is needed because in the earlier days some pickups will drive the hi-z input to red and causing audible unwanted...
  10. JohnYang1997

Audio Precision has too high of noise to test EIN for mic preamps. If it's for testing distortion and such, then it's fine. IMHO people I know don't cares about distortion with mic input even though E2x2 excels at this. Maybe just knowing when the input is clipping is good enough. But I'm ok...
  11. JohnYang1997

As rja4000 suggested different gain range can lead to different real world results. My suggestion: 1 First calibrate the input to relate V/dBu to the dBFS. 2 Set gain to 50dB (or pick one magic number from 45-55. 3 Measure the noise with resistor termination (150ohm is good) and refer back to...
  12. JohnYang1997

The message you encounter means the driver is not installed properly/not working. Usually there's no issue. But sometimes it doesn't want to install properly, this is related to Windows. Another reason people encounter this issue is when the driver got blocked/deleted by some antivirus software...
  13. JohnYang1997

Umm. There are many use cases. You can download the workspace settings to the device and carry to other places plug and play with other computers PC or MAC and it will just work. It can also work as a standalone mic pre, at 192khz the latency is 0.1ms. Connecting with other interfaces with...
  14. JohnYang1997

The interface can run without the software. It can also run standalone. But sure we develop the software ourselves so the support is very responsive. The product actually has been out since August. Most issues are ironed out. The market response is even better in China actually much better than...
  15. JohnYang1997

You can wait and I recommend you to. We are currently discussing with some big resellers. It will take some time. But still please feel comfortable to purchase from aliexpress directly from us. And we upped the game setting premium shipping free.
Top Bottom