Recent content by John57

1. J

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

It seems that the Vestlyds is going for volume, high SPL levels. The best thing in life is not the loudest in my book.
  2. J

The review for the HSU CCB-8 is well written and stated that making a coaxial driver costs six times as much as compare to a separate woofer and tweeter
  3. J

A 3mm excursion from the Kef Q100 Woofer does not seem much.
  4. J

I also heard that Andrew wanted a low extension woofer so that the woofer wave guide for the tweeter will not move as much, which in turn can cause another form of distortion. There are tradeoffs.
  5. J

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

You are incorrect to state that my unit D90 was defective. I also gave an example of a DAC manufacture that stated not to connect both outputs at the same time. My last line stated that your results may vary. If it works for you that fine. The D90 works just fine when I select either outputs...
  6. J

You are incorrect. I can switch either RCA or XLR while connected in the menu but not both at the same time. It was too much of a load in my case for the D90 to drive both outputs at the same time. The same is true for the Deafrips DAAC's and the manual state that is not recommend having both...
  7. J

I believe that both outputs are active, but I would only have one pair of outputs connected. On my old Topping D90 which have menu option of driving both outputs at the same time the sound became labored and distorted. I am just using the XLR outputs on my SU-9.
  8. J

In theory, the lower the DPLL the better for jitter. I have mine set for 4. As long, you do not have sounds that cut off, or crackly you can adjust the DLL.
  9. J

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

The S.M.S.L SU-9n now show up on Amazon with 15% discount. The SU-9n is without MQA.
  10. J

Nope, my SU-9N does not have automatic off. Just the display can be set for timed delay off.
  11. J

First the D90 did not like to have both XLR and single-ended outputs driven at the same time at all, distorted even when there is a menu option saying that you can do it. The pre-amp section of the D90 is not very good. I have the SU-9 XLR connected to the MOTU Ultralite mk5 allowing me to...
  12. J

I did find that the Slow Minimum to be very smooth and not quite as detailed sounding. I just got the su-9 today to replace my Topping D90 which seems to have degraded sound quality and lower output over time. Using XLR outputs. The manual states that menu has the options to switch outputs...
  13. J

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

I have one set of my UltraLite outputs going to my Crown XLS which in turn is daisy-chained to another Crown XLS amp. If I need more analog outs I could use ADAT convertor as well.
Top Bottom