Recent content by joeliu2003

1. J

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

Just following up on this - yes the info button displays as an overlay onscreen. Doesn’t completely change the screen. Works great And shows useful info about channels of input source and processing type and active output speakers. I use it often
  2. J

No - it only shows that info momentarily if you change the play mode manually - when switching sources it just shows the source name.
  3. J

It displays the current input name and can momentarily display other options that are being changed. It’s not super useful aside from knowing the current input. Not sure about the front material— if I had to guess it’s a very nicely painted composite (not metal).
  4. J

I noticed this as well - I think it’s a software bug in the “test tone” functionality. I just tuned using Audessey and left it alone. FYI - there is an Audessey app for iOS that provides more info and tuning options that you can use in conjunction with your AVR. It’s $40 well spent in my books.
  5. J

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

I’ve had one in my office with a pair of R3s for a year now. Connected to a Cambridge EVO150. While it doesn’t add a ton more to the output I do enjoy it filling out the sound some. I think it heavily depends on room size, setup, and expectations.
  6. J

Hahaha yes equally important :) Yeah these are for when placement and aesthetics are paramount. It’s occasionally the right fit and will be for me in my secondary listening area (tasting room).
  7. J

Oh wow — would be a great match to the LS60s I’m eyeing in grey — is this finish available currently? Don’t see it on the KEF site.
  8. J

Emotiva XPA-DR2 Review (Stereo Power Amplifier)

@theswede I understand the passable for movies assessment. I’d think that many users are setup for double duty movies & music so are looking for an amp that can handle both well. I’m curious what the Hypex setup is lacking in your testing. I find the form factor and the clarity at higher levels...
  9. J

Emotiva XPA-DR2 Review (Stereo Power Amplifier)

Just adding my experience. Went with a DR2 for my EVO4.4 towers about a month ago. It was loud…and relatively clear, but thank to this forum I decided to order a Audiophonics two channel to compare. I can say after listening for a couple of days with the Audiophonic S600NC — there is just no...
  10. J

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

Oh yikes - so you are currently sending units out without the fix in place? Feels like a stop ship should happen....anyways....do I need to refuse the unit being sent to me so it can have the fix applied? I'm planning to use with unbalanced input from a Marantz Cinema 50 -- so assuming my...
  11. J

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

@MonolithGuy just wanted to confirm that new units (ordered today) have the indentified fix implemented? I just ordered an 8125 that I will be using with the monoprice RCA to XLR cables. Please confirm. Thank you for the amazing resource this forum is!!
Top Bottom