Recent content by Joaquin Dinero

1. J

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

Its a great song. But I've heard it more than enough and wouldn't ever queue it up on purpose.
  2. J

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

I think you'll find the DT770 better in that regard. I used to use my 371s at work a lot. The guy who sits next to me at work is on phone calls a lot. I could hear him clearly. I can tell whether he's speaking English for work; or arguing with his wife in Arabic. (I dont speak Arabic but there...
  3. J

How To Become an Audiophile

Hi Tilda, One thing I would point out to a n00b is that this forum has a lot of real life engineer types who actually understand how gear works; what it can do, and more importantly, what it can't. (I am not one among them ) It's a terrible place to look for rationalizations about why you need...
  4. J

Pink Floyd Re-form

Waters fiery intensity amd Gilmour's calming tranquility were the perfect rock & roll yin & yang. Neither of them is as good without the other.
  5. J

The FiiO M3K - probably as much DAP as you really need

A lot of hand wringing about SD cards here ? Every laptop I've ever owned has an SD drive built in. I can load up a 256GB card in a few hours, pop it into the device, rescan library, and you're ready to rock. I find it to be exceptionally convenient.
  6. J

The Ultimate Retro Format Revival From Techmoan

Yawn. Talk to me when that gramophone has Bluetooth.
  7. J

SBAF, GoldenEars & USB. Fabulous BS.

Something about building Magni's was part of his profile sig for awhile, although now I see that has been replaced by a dig at Will Smith.
  8. J

SBAF, GoldenEars & USB. Fabulous BS.

The guy who runs SBAF literally works for Schiit; him and Jason are old buddies. But it's Amir who is a corporate shill that cant be trusted ;)
  9. J

No standalone DAC + Headphone amp?

I get having a separate headphones rig; but I prefer a DAC/amp combo device. Headphone amps are smaller and I can move them to different parts of the house depending on what I'm doing.
  10. J

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

I actually really like this one. Now I now what to buy first when I become stupid rich. Interesting they dont mention the price . . . if you have to ask etc etc
  11. J

Who are you??

It was with good reason that I chose a career path working entirely with abstract data.
  12. J

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Do y'all pick a coffeepot based on measurements or do you "trust your tongues"?
  13. J

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

I really like my Monoprice M1060C. They seem to check most of your boxes, but perhaps a little heavy to wear for a long time.
  14. J

Things that are Just Wrong

True story. I was out one time with the dog, and saw a young woman pull up to a stop sign. She was in the car by herself. She stopped, pulled down her mask long enough to take a big drag off a cigarette, then put her mask back in place and drove off.
  15. J

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Thx. This is what I suspected. I did check that it was in HP mode, not DAC only mode. I could simultaneously play out of the SE output, but not the XLR. It didn't come with a remote :( I'm gonna try a new cable --- hopefully thats all it is. I can get along just fine without the XLR, of...
Top Bottom