Recent content by jmpsmash

1. J

JBL M2 Clone

@MAB do you have the impedance plot of the D2430K mounted on the M2?
  2. J

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

2 points. The M2 is a large speaker. Even with 1+ inch thick panels, it will resonate. For the rectangular box shape, the amount of support is rather minimal relatively speaking. This is where the Stereophile / Atkinson type panel accelerometer measurement can be useful to have. The M2 2216ND...
  3. J

Thanks for the reply. The D2430k Achilles seems to be the rising 2nd harmonic after 1k. Depends on the value/order of the high pass filter, it might recover a couple of dB in the 1-2k range so they are fairly close to each other. In either case, the limitation of final sound level is the level...
  4. J

How does the 18Sound compare to the D2430K, for measurements and for sound?
  5. J

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

Most of the recording coming out of Bayerische Rundfunk, in particular BR Klassik recording with Mariss Jansons have excellent sound.
  6. J

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

Just noticed this in the Purifi website. A new 6.5" ? PTT6.5W08 (vs PTT6.5W04) Looks like a 8 Ohm version with a higher Fs. https://purifi-audio.com/transducers/ptt6-5w08/
  7. J

Cheap High Quality ADC

which one are you referring to?
  8. J

This active crossover will be good for my speakers?

my 2 cents. I am in the process of building a similar setup, though with different drivers it is still a 4 way. I agree with many here that an active digital crossover is the way to go. Most other active DSP crossover has analog in, they then have a chain of having a DAC from your digital...
  9. J

MiniDSP DDRC-22D DIRAC measurements

How about the digital volume control? I assume you have it at 0dB? What would the SINAD be if were to be used to control volume?
Top Bottom